teddy bears and rape. | Teen Ink

teddy bears and rape.

Little Sarah had this teddy bear, she loved her bear more than anything in the world, her bear was white with a red bow around her neck. Her little bear was there for everything, the potty training and all the childhood sickness. Her mom and dad got her that bear, they got her the bear 4 years ago for her 5th birthday, she always told her mom and dad that she would never lose that bear. But one day when she was walking home from school someone she didn't know came up to her and took the bear. She was so devastated she didn't know what to do, she knew she couldn't tell her mom and dad because she thought that they would be very disappointed in her.

A few days later she was talking to her friend and she wanted to tell her friend but she never did. She didn't want her friend to think that she was lying and she really didn't want her friend to go and tell a lot of people. She wanted to tell someone anyone. But she wanted for the right moment to speak.
They were at the dinner table when she told her mom and dad what had happened "and he just took my bear, I don't even know why. Or who he is for that madder, I’m so sorry mom and dad." Her mom and dad just looked at her for a moment and then at each other "Sarah go to your room, right now. I can't believe that you would say something like this." She told her mom and dad how sorry she was a million times, but some how it wasn't good enough. But her mom and dad thought that she was lying. They didn't think that someone would just come up and take some little girls bear.

They told all their friends what their daughter has said and how they thought she was trying to get away with something. All the parents after that looked down on her they didn't want their kids playing with someone who was going to tell lies. It was hard for little Sarah to make friends after that cause they all thought that she made everything up. After that she never told anyone about what happened she thought it would be better to just leave it alone. So for 8 years she sat in silence about what had happened. She was alone most of her childhood life, all over a bear.

Many, many year later, when Sarah was about 17, a guy came up to her at school and apologized. She didn't understand why he had done that. Was he the guy who put all the fake love notes in her locker, or the one who egged her on Halloween night. It took her a little while to think, but then from around his back came her bear that changed her as a kid, the bear that was missing for 8 years. She had given up telling people about it cause she needed friends and they wouldn't believe her because of what had happened so many years ago. "I'm so sorry I caused you so much pain all this time, but here is your bear." She had conflicting emotions. Parts if her wanted to hit him and maybe he would understand how much it hurt, and another part of her wanted to scream, scream to show all the times people talked about her. But she just couldn’t do it any of it, she was better then that.

When she told her mom and dad what had happened and she showed them the bear, her dad didn't say anything he didn't know what to say and her mom just cried. Her mom and dad said sorry about a million times. But everyone else at school just said sorry. They said that they wanted her to be there friend but she knew it was all out of pity and that none of them are a real good friend. She was not going to let a ton of brain less people talk her into being there friend and stop her of making them look bad and not let her become the person that she wanted to be.

There are things in the world that you do that make you a stupid person. And then there are things that you do in the world that makes you a normal person that just makes mistakes. These are the two normal types of people. And then there are people who do things that mess someone up so bad that they're never the same and there are numbers of things that people can do to someone.

writing this paper first came to me from don’t judge a book buy the cover just because someone says she was lying doesn’t always mean she is. And to wrongs don’t make a right, like if she did hit him it doesn’t make her any better then him.
When I was younger I was raped, I was about 9 years old and I didn’t know what to do. I never told anyone until this last year. I think I never told anyone because when I told one person a few years ago that I wasn’t a virgin she freaked out and called me a slut. For a while I felt guilty, like I was the person who did something wrong. So I never said anything and that’s one of the worst things that someone can do is not talk about something so big.
When I’m trying to get people to see is that you always shouldn’t believe everything you here and that sometimes the truth hurts and looks worse then the lies around it. When someone is going to tell you something you should get the whole story not just the haft of it.
Some people like little Sarah and I just get in the wrong place at the wrong time. were everything chances up in this little sticky spider web of chance that you in the right or wrong place and we struggle to do our best to survive and then that’s were the innocent sometimes die.

im just a simple person like anyone else. we all go through hard bad things in our life and we all learn to deal with it different. like little sarah i kept my sceret for so long that it killed me inside. i never thought that it wasnt my fault but the sooner you deal with your inner demons the better chance you have to grow as a person.

Diamond born said...
Diamond born, Brooklyn, New York
Wo that was sooo amazing.You have so much courage to say that on a website were everybody can see it.Man,i wish you the best and keep moving forward and keep writing becuase i love it.

ssophiaa GOLD said...
ssophiaa GOLD, Falls Church, Virginia

"You cannot operate from a concern of how you're perceived."
--Kevin Kittle

That's amazing what you went through and you can write about it and compare it to such simple things. You're amazing.

Zero_K DIAMOND said...
Zero_K DIAMOND, Moosic, Pennsylvania

"Life's no fun if you're not insane, otherwise you grow up to be an accountant." -Moi

I love how you added the story at the beginning to set the reader up for the big shock at the end. I'm so sorry this happened, and I hope whoever did it rots in Hell. I don't see what kind of sadistic @$$-hole could do something like that to a child. Great job.

on Apr. 19 2009 at 12:18 am
horseluva BRONZE, Midlothian, Virginia
im so sorry that that happened to you.but this was an amazing way to express your feelings.=-)great job and keep writing.=-)

ash123 said...
this is amazing.

wow

i was moved.