Spider-Man | Teen Ink

Spider-Man

April 9, 2018
By niky_love2214 BRONZE, Enoch, Utah
niky_love2214 BRONZE, Enoch, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not live life living, live life living" -Niky Johnson (a.k.a me).


From the 1936 Phantom to the modern day Black Panther for as long as one can remember one has known and loved one or more superheroes. One such is Spider-man whose comic was first wrote in 1962. Superheroes could have been ordinary people that got bit by a bug or an animal that had been exposed to radiation such as Spider-man, or could have been exposed to radiation themselves such as The Incredible Hulk. They also might have been born with their powers as in the superhero is a mutant like the Wolverine, or born on a different planet as Superman was. It is also a possibility that they are a genius and made a suit or have different machines that help them such as Ironman or Batman does. Due to his incredible spider-sense, being a master at hand-to-hand combat, and superhuman stamina Peter-Parker (also known as Spider-man) is an astonishing superhero.

Foremost, Spider-mans spider-sense is a crucial part  to his success. Spider-man's spider-sense is a danger alert for him, “extrasensory “danger” or “spider” sense which warns him of potential immediate danger by tingling sensation in the back of his skull” (Spider-Man 1). This allows him to sense if immediate danger is closer. To be able to do such is extremely helpful in dodging attacks that would not be seen or known otherwise. His spider-sense is life also life saving, “everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches” (Spider-Man 1). This shows that Spider-man's spider-sense is efficient by giving him time to dodge an attack and attack back. By being gave hundreths of a second is enough time for one to avoid injury or death. Spider-man's spider-sense is an efficient tool for this superhero. It allows him to sense and attack, doge an attack, then think how to attack back. His spider-sense can prevent injury and save lives.

Furthermore, his spider-sense is efficient in stopping and giving him time after an attack but what use would that time be if he wasn't a master at hand-to-hand combat. Spider-man’s hand-to-hand combat is deployed in more than one case, “excellent hand-to-hand combatant, utilizing a fighting style that directly complements his superhuman abilities” (Spider-Man 2). By being able to beat any supervillain Spider-man has gained an amazing reputation for being known to beat anyone that comes his way. This ties well with his spider sense because his spider-sense allows him to defeat the incoming attack and his level of mastery allows him to take down his attacker. Spiderman has helped train other superheroes due to his high level of hand-to-hand combat, “Peter has been trained by Captain America in unarmed combat” (Spider-Man 2). This illustrates that not only does his skill at hand-to-hand combat benefit him but also other superheroes. If Captain America wasn’t trained by Spider-Man, Captain America’s storyline could have taken a whole different road. Spider-Man’s highly skilled hand-to-hand combat has benefited him more than once without it he could have lost more battles than he won and Captain Americas and other superheroes story could have been completely different.

Thusly, Spider-Man’s superhuman stamina allows him to be able to battle or think for several hours and his stamina is much greater than the average human. Spider-Man is able to withstand a battle against a supervillain, “can physically exert himself at his peak capacity for several hours” (Spider-Man 1). This allows Spider-man to battle against supervillains until he catches them or they give up. He can only exert himself for so long before fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. Spider-Man's stamina is much greater than the average humans it, “is roughly 15 times more agile than a regular human” (Spider-Man 1). This allows spider man to go into awkward positions and can dodge fast attacks and can move easily. This benifits Spider-Man because he can get from  one place to another quickly and without drawing attention. Spider-Man's superhuman stamina allows him to be able to battle or thim faster and for longer amounts of time then a supervillain or an average human.

Therefore, Spider-Man is a multitalented superhero due to his incredible spider-sense, being a master at hand-to-hand combat, and superhuman stamina. If it wasn’t for his spider-sense he or someone else could have died in one of his battles. His hand-to-hand combat provides a way to attack back at the tracker and without it other superhero stories could have ended different. The superhuman stamina allows him to out last his competitor. Spider-Man is definitely one of the top superheroes of all time, he should go down in comic/superhero history.


The author's comments:

This is an article to inform you that Spider-Man is the best superhero of all time.