Friends/Gangs | Teen Ink

Friends/Gangs MAG

People seem to think if they get shot and live they are cool and think they are tougher because they were shot. Well, they are not. My friend got shot ten times and lived. She was lucky. The reason she got shot was because she was doing some heavy drugs and was involved in a gang. I don't know how she felt when she was shot but I know how I felt. Now she gets to spend her life hiding because of the contract that is out on her life from the gang she used to mess with. Now I am sure she regrets it, but there is nothing she can do about it.

I wish we could stop the gangs, but we can't. People get up in the morning and have a forty instead of a cup of coffee, a smoke and a few joints and then they get their gun and mark their target. Have any of you been offered to join a gang and said no? If you have, then you know that saying no is the easy part. The explanation is the hard part. If you don't have an explanation then you get shot. I told a gang that they were a bunch of low lifes and that I wanted nothing to do with them. They laughed and I was scared but it doesn't matter what you say if they want to kill you because they will. Well, they didn't kill me. Actually they walked toward me and I walked the other way but my friend who got shot walked with them. That was really the last time I saw her. I can't see her now because she is under police protection. I hope some day the gangs will disappear. I feel bad for the victims. Some gang members deserve not to die but at least to feel how the people they shot feel. I still write to my friend who is in police protection but I don't think I'll ever see her again. I would give anything to see her again but because of gangs and drugs, she almost died and has to remain inside away from friends for a while. If I had said "yes" to the gangs I would probably be in the same situation. If you are in a gang, get out now. If you have been offered to join a gang, say no. If you want to be in one, forget it. It's not all it's cracked up to be. c

(shay-shay) said...
that is very sadd:(