Nature's Orchestra | Teen Ink

Nature's Orchestra

October 25, 2016
By Arcee08 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Arcee08 GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Oh, the stars how they dance in the night sky. They laugh, they sing, they tell stories. Stories of heroes and villains that battled many eons ago, long before any of us were born. The animals of the day scurry to find food and to their shelters, while the nocturnal animals are on the prowl for breakfast. A coyote howl may signal the spring peepees to start chirping their song of the night. Friends meet under the translucent pearly moonlight, on this brilliant night, where the stars are dancing. They talk, whisper, and hoot and howl with laughter, as they converse about their day. They bid each other farewell, until tomorrow night. The Snowy Owl perches on a branch watching over the night will all the wisdom and knowledge of nights past in his eyes. The raccoon, with his mask of mischief, causes chaos in the night tipping over garbage cans and stealing food. The moon, at it’s highest point of the night, casts a brilliant light that makes shadows dance.


The moon is conducting music and dance throughout the night. The wolf and coyotes howl in harmony while they roam the night. The calls of the owls, night hawks, and kakapos build up into a crescendo of music. As the moon starts to descend so does the symphony decrescendo. Till all one could here is the mezzo piano frogs chirp, and mice scurry to and fro, blending their unique sounds together. The moon takes it’s final bow and descends as the symphony of the night fades to nothing.


The sun prepares for the sinfonietta of the morning. The sun raises it’s baton signaling the morning birds to start their pianississimo. The sound crescendos poco a poco until the sun has fully risen. People bustle from place to place. Friends laugh, and hug each other as if it’s been ages since they’ve seen one another. The sun assumes its’ place high in the brilliant blue sky filled with puffy daisy colored clouds that float lazily. The sun transforms its’ light into a symphony at a mezzo forte. The frogs croak, squirrels chitter to the chipmunks, and the birds sing their exquisite soli. The sun starts to descend and so does the orchestra giving way to the symphony of the night.


So the cycle begins again with the symphony of the night. That dark mysterious and creeping symphony that echoes throughout the night leading to the orchestra of the day. That beautiful, whimsical orchestra that echoes the day. The concert is cyclic, repeating and never ending.