Global Warming | Teen Ink

Global Warming

By Amber28 BRONZE, Utica NY, New York
Amber28 BRONZE, Utica NY, New York
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

There are too many locks, but not enough keys -Sarah Dessen {Lock and Key}

Global Warming doesn’t seem like a big deal when you hear about it. But how many people actually know what it is and how it affects us? How many people ask ‘What is Global Warming’?
Global Warming is when the temperature gradually increases in the Earth’s atmosphere, which is believed to permanently change the climate on Earth. As scientists look into the issue, they discover more and more data that proves that our precious planet is, indeed, going through a climate increase. Our planet’s climatic changes have been subtle over the past 100 years or so, going from 0.4 degrees [celsius] to 0.8 degrees [celsius].  Scientists from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate researching global warming have predicted that the temperature could rise between 1.4 degrees [celsius] to 5.8 degrees [celsius] by the year 2100.
There are many reasons of why Global Warming  is happening. Some reasons are: increased
volumes of carbon dioxide, greenhouse gases, burning fossil fuels, agriculture, and land clearing. Also other human activities which show how it's not only a natural part of Earth’s process but partially humans fault. These are only Some of the reasons found over the last 50 years.
Global Warming is not only partially our fault but it’s now our job to try to save the Earth from the drastic results that could come of it. For example, if Global Warming were to have changes, the polar ice caps could melt and there would be major rises in sea level. Also, severe weather events and more occasional storms would occur. There are no good qualities or side effects to Global Warming that we know of now but it does not seem like there ever will be.
In conclusion, Global Warming is when the temperature gradually increases in the Earth’s atmosphere, which is believed to permanently change the climate on Earth. Global Warming is a serious issue everyone should be aware of.

This piece is about Global Warming, a serious issue everyone should be aware of.