My Brother's Eyes | Teen Ink

My Brother's Eyes

By Lexie_Lynn GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Lexie_Lynn GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

"Don't count the times you fall, count the times you get back up."

My family has a variety of eye colors—my mother has green, my father has brown, three of the six brothers have blue, and my other brother has brown. Then there’s cameron—the kind that catches all attention. His aren't blue or brown, they are bright crystal green mixed with a little bit of brown and blue. We mustn’t forget about his long, luscious eyelashes.
My six year old brother’s eyes are are like two large clear ocean waters. They catch attention, steadily moving and the gloss never wears off. His eyelashes, are lingering hairs. They mask the beautiful colors underneath his eyelids, like sunlight shining on crystals blinding others with the godly eyes he has. They look of stones under the ocean in sunlight and dark, glossy blue marbles by night. They tension his face in the most favorable way. They are safe and full, stainless and dazing, charitable and soothing.
People use contacts causing their eyes to lie by making them a particular color other than the usual. He only needs a smile and it’s partner--his dimples. My family is jealous of his treasures. No person can mimic, but only stare in admiration. Such boundless eyes in such a divergent eye-colored family. I guess only I can relate because mine are similar in size and shape, but the color of mine are crystal clear and ocean blue, not green--like his. My brother can easily make the toughest release their salty tears.