A Perfect Morning | Teen Ink

A Perfect Morning

December 3, 2014
By JaydeMarie BRONZE, Bozeman, Montana
JaydeMarie BRONZE, Bozeman, Montana
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"In the practice of tolerance, the enemy is the best teacher." -The Dali Lama


     As I wake up the first signs of dawn are breaking through my curtains. A cool breeze that smells of dew and blossoming flowers flows through my open window. Beautiful pinks and oranges glow around my room; bouncing around my walls.
     My beautiful daughter lay curled up against my stomach smiling in her sleep. I haven’t yet cut her hair from the day she was born. Lovely black curls sprawl across her body and pillow. Her big eyelashes twitch as the first sign of waking from a peaceful sleep. I prop my head up with my elbow to watch her wake. Her beautiful green eyes slowly flutter open, blinking away the nights sleep. I lean over and softly whisper to her, “Goodmorning my beautiful princess. The sun has risen just to see your pretty little face today,”.
     She smiles back and buries her face into my chest. I wrap my arms around her tiny body with the careful love of a mother. I never would have thought I could love and care for someone so precious. Let alone for anything in the world. She has only been walking on this Earth for three years and its been the happiest years of my life. I sit up and settle her on my lap.She wraps her legs around my waist and her hands around my neck.
     “How does bacon and smiley face pancakes sound for breakfast, baby girl?” I ask.
     She nods with a great smile on her face and hugs tighter. My love for Raven will forever grow. It will forever stay strong, never waver, no matter what we go through together. I gave her my heart the day I took the pregnancy test, and I hope she will hold it locked inside her forever.
     This is a perfect love, a perfect morning.