My Experience | Teen Ink

My Experience

November 6, 2008
By Anonymous

All started on November 17, 2000. Me and my big brother juan were having big problems. I had a feeling he hated me so much. To my surprise I did not know I was going to lose one of the most important people in my life. Then I would meet another person that would take that spot.

Me and my big brother were arguing like always. When the phone rang. At that moment I felt awful. So I went to go answer the phone. It was my aunt she told me that my grandpa had just passed away. When ever she told me those words the whole world came to an end to me.

So all of us went to my grndpas funeral. When we arrived the whole family was there. When ever I saw my grandpa in his coffin I just imagined he was asleep. This was one of the saddest moments of my life.

After everything finished the problems still continued they were probably even worst. I enter into a time of big depression. I didnt care about anyone or anything. I felt so lost without my grandpa knowing that I would never see him again. One day me, my brother Juan, and my mom got into a big argument. this is an argument I would never forget. this argument caused me to take the decision to run away from my house.

I felt really unappreciated. I did not know were to go I was just wondering in the streets. When ever I bumped into this handsome young men. He asked me if I was lost. I told him sort of. he introduced himself as Francisco and I introduced my self as Maria. He asked me if I was not hungry. So, we went out to eat. He asked me what was wrong. So I told him the whole story. I cried like I never cried before. When ever he heard the story and saw me crying he told me his story and what he went through his life.

After I heard everything he went through and how he dealt with his problems. I felt much better. He told me I should not be treating my family the way I had teated them and that I should get off my depression. That life goes on no matter what. His words meant alot to me. His words made a warm feeling in my heart. He made me feel much better.

So I returned home and told my family I was really sorry for the way I had acted. even my brother apologized to me. He told me he was to harsh on me when ever he knew I was going through a hard time. My family forgave me and I forgave my brither. this was all thanks to Francisco. By letting me know life goes on. Ilost an important person in my life but he lost two important people in his life and he still continued with his life.

To this day he has been a very important person in my life. I still dont forget that he was there for me.Francisco has been a positive impact on me for over 8 years. He is the person that I admire the most.