Happiness, is it possible? | Teen Ink

Happiness, is it possible?

October 21, 2008
By Anonymous

Everyday we pull through life and once the day is complete, we finally sigh and say to ourselves “One more day down.”

Why do we have to live like this? And if we are truly happy, then shouldn’t we being living for everyday and not just today?

All of this brings me to the most infamous question, is real happiness even possible?

Happiness, as http://dictionary.com defines it, is the quality or state of being happy.
To break it down into simpler terms, I have decided to define happy itself as well, (with the use and wonderful help of http://dictionary.com) Happy- characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy.

When the average person thinks of happiness, they think of love. Well, newsflash, love isn’t happiness and happiness isn’t love!

Yeah, so the two emotions do go hand-in-hand, but they are not the same thing. And if you have one, you don’t necessarily have the other.

So if you have love, you don’t always have happiness…So how do we get this eternal peace described as happiness?

It’s a self thing, really. You have to be happy with yourself, others around you, and your environment. You have to make the changes in your life that you don’t like at the current time. You, have to decide.

Happiness is possible. You just have to take control and make your life what you want it to be.

So you can start living for everyday, not just today. Not just for tomorrow, but living like there is no tomorrow, just living life to the fullest, by being happy.