Coffee | Teen Ink

Coffee

I am your average white guy with all the standard features. I have a part – time job at which I make a minimum hourly wage, I drive a 1999 Chevy which is slowly eroding into the atmosphere, and I can grow some amazing sideburns. I guess you could call me a teenager.

One thing that is unique about me would definitely have to be my job. I work at Woodside Coffee. At work I get the opportunity to learn how to make gourmet coffee and specialty drinks. Not only do I love making coffee, I especially enjoy drinking it. Since I was a toddler drinking coffee with milk out of my bottle, I have always adored the coffee bean. And now as a teenager with a job at a coffee shop, I am exposed to coffee all the time.

I am a very busy teenager with extracurricular activities such as school tennis and my part – time job. So, coffee keeps me ticking. I guess you could say that I’m quite dependent on my coffee. I honestly think that teens should drink coffee in their day-to-day schedule. It gives them something to be addicted to and something to talk about with other coffee drinkers. The average American doesn’t like to admit it, but we all want something to be addicted to. Something to crave, need, and be passionate about. If you’re a teenager and you’ve been looking for a healthy addiction opposed to nicotine, alcohol, or anything else that you can get your hands on, then coffee is perfect for you. Coffee has antioxidants in it so if you make it a routine part of your day then you will be doing your heart a favor.

Coffee has become more than just a drink for me. It’s my addiction, my life, and my passion. And I have aimed to make it that because I needed to get away from other habits that were doing nothing but harm to my body. So, if you haven’t had your cup of coffee today then I advise that you get on it before soccer practice, or band practice, or that part – time job with a nagging boss. It may sound risky to be putting that much caffeine into your body, but it will wake you up and get you going in a totally and completely natural way. And you’ll be thanking me once you start exploring all the amazing chocolate and surprisingly, fruity flavors and aromas you’ve been missing out on.

I am a very busy teenager with a part - time job at a coffee shop. Coffee is my passion and I would like to share this lifestyle with other teens.