Change | Teen Ink

Change

By Maddie21 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Maddie21 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They say that once you go to college you change as a person. You grow up to be a mature individual and are an adult from there on out. You don’t have your parents to come home to. Or the home cooked meals and close friends that were always just a few minutes away. Change is approaching. Change will make or break me. Change is what I’m most frightened of.
From being blue and red for the last four years, I must progress on to yellow and black. University of Oshkosh will be my new home. I must adjust from a big queen size bed to a petite twin size loft, that’s placed in a room that seems as if it’s a jail cell. I must study day and night. Coffee will be my best friend, as a substitute of Gatorade. Most importantly, I’ll be leaving everything behind that once was known as my comfort zone, home.
Change is forever going to haunt me. What is change? When friends, teachers, and loved ones say our lives will change forever, what do they mean?
To me it’s as if my shadow that once knew everything about me will be a totally different shape. It will follow me as I take a new journey. Not saying a word. Just there giving me a guide.
The definition of change states, “The act or instance of making or becoming different.” I can’t wait to define my own type of change and make a difference isn’t of becoming different.