Stunt Coaster | Teen Ink

Stunt Coaster

“C’mon Madi, come get in line!” I ran to catch up with the others to get in line for the Stunt Coaster. Wait a minute, rewind. Let me tell you were this takes place. I was in Kings Dominion Theme Park in Virginia on a youth trip from First Baptist Church. I don’t like roller-coasters at all. I hadn’t been on a roller-coaster before. Becca and I went to go on the Stunt Coaster while Kelly, Brian, Lauren, Justin, and Ms. Melissa where headed to the Anaconda. We would meet up after the rides.

All of a sudden, someone pulled on my hand and yanked me in line.

“Becca, I don’t wanna get on!” I told Becca as I pulled up my brown hair in a pony tail. As soon as that left my mouth the gates opened and we were next in line. I angrily climb into the carts and the workers came by to push our seats down. I held my breath as we took off like a strike of lightning. We turned on our sides and all I could see was a little girl’s red hair all in my face. I looked at Becca and noticed that she was smiling and was having a lot of fun while I was holding on for my life. I was too scared to scream. I closed my eyes as we went up and down. I could hear other people in the background screaming their lungs out. We came to a screeching stop and I heard people talking. Was the ride over all ready? What’s going on? I opened my eyes and couldn’t believe what I saw.

To my surprise we were on top of a light gray building. I saw a red convertible out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see what was going on because everyone’s attention was on that red convertible. BOOM!!! Suddenly the convertible lit up with fire and I could feel the heat. The ride took back off again and I noticed a black tunnel.

“I WANT TO GET OFF, THAT TUNNEL DOES NOT LOOK FUN!!! I screamed at Becca. I couldn’t see her face when she looked at me because her hair was in front of her face.

“There’s no way we are already on the ride!! Just hold on! You’ll be fine!” Becca informed me as she flung her blonde hair out of her eyes. We entered the tunnel and I didn’t want to see what happened next so I closed my eyes. I screamed at the top of my lungs as we plunged downward. Swirling and swirling, I was being tossed back and forth. I thought I was going to be sick. I saw light shining so I opened my eyes and we were getting ready to go down a drop.

“AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!” I screamed. As we were going down the drop I noticed that the ride was over because we turned a corner and they made us get off.

To my relief, we met up with Kelly, Brian, Lauren, Justin, and Ms. Melissa as soon as we exited the ride. I also noticed that my hands were so sweaty from holding on to the railing on the carts. I also felt my back dripping with sweat from going from the wind blowing on my face to the humid summer day.

“What did you think Madi?” Becca asked when she picked up her jean backpack.

“It was ok. But I don’t want to go back on for a long time! I am tired of roller-coasters now,” I replied with a sigh.

“I am hungry, when can we go get some dinner?” Brian complained as he put on his plaid hat.

“Ok guys, we will go eat and then go to the concert,” Ms. Melissa explained. I could feel the shaking of my legs as I walked.

“Madi, can you walk?” Lauren asked when she saw my legs shaking.

“Yea, I’m fine, it’s just the ride startled me a bit.” I explained trying to keep my legs from shaking.

My legs didn’t stop shaking until we got back to the hotel. The concert drained all my energy. When I go back to the hotel, I went to sleep in a flash. I would go back on it if I got the chance. I learned to try new things, you might like it and want to go back for more.

MrsHaines said...
Great descriptive words - plunging and swirling! I felt like I was on the roller coaster!

ttaylor 101 said...
I love your story it should have gotten published!!!