Never Forget | Teen Ink

Never Forget

June 2, 2008
By Anonymous

It was a normal Wednesday afternoon and I was walking home from school. It was a hard and confusing day for me and I had a bunch of homework I needed to complete. As I was approaching my house, a strange man confronted me. He had dark brown eyes that almost looked black. You could just feel yourself sinking into his eyes like a tar pit. His clothes were unusual looking. He had a suit type thing on that was a dark gray. I didn’t know what to think of this strange man but I didn’t feel so safe.

The man said, “You have been involved in what is know known as a classified case. You must come with me immediately.” I wanted to scream but a black dodge van pulled up that had no windows in it. He grabbed me. I was in shock; I didn’t know what to do. It felt as if I was paralyzed and couldn’t do anything about the situation. He and another man put me in the backseat of the van and I couldn’t do anything about it. They drove off and were going at least 60 miles an hour. The man in the front seat had a mask on and so I didn’t really know what he looked like, and the man who grabbed me was in the passengers seat.
I remembered that I had my phone with me. I slowly reached down to my right pocket, where it was placed. I thought about whom I should try to call first. I had my parents on speed dial so all I had to do was press two and it would call my mom, or press three and it would call my dad. I grasped my cell phone and tried sliding it quietly and carefully out of my pocket. I was so afraid they were going to see me. It seemed like I was sweating by the pound, but I wasn’t even sweating. My phone was fully out and I pressed two. It was dialing. I kept my phone down low so they could not see it and know what I was doing. The volume was already down from school today because if we get caught with our phones then the teacher’s take them away. Hopefully they won’t here my Mom’s voice.
“Hello.” My mom answered.
I whispered as quietly as I could, “Mom, it’s Lexy. You have to call the police, someone has kidnapped me and I don’t know where I’m going. I was grabbed when I was about 10feet from the house you have to do something.”
“Oh dear!” she started to sob. “Do you know where you are?”
“No Mom but you have to do something.” I was interrupted.
“HEY!?!?!” The man yelled. “What are you doing?? Give me that!”
One last time I screamed into the phone, “Mom help me!!” I slapped the phone shut.
“Oh no she contacted someone. Send someone out to find that person. If you have to just trace the call… they have to be terminated.”
“NOOO! You are not going to do that!” I pulled the lock button up and slid the door open. We were on a residential street. I saw a good spot… I jumped into a big pile of trash bags; I got up and ran faster than I ever had before. I went through at least ten backyards and then I hid in the corner of the fence. I called my mom. “Mom it’s me, I jumped out of the car I was in, I’m alright but I’m not sure where I am.” I looked for a street sign; a nearby one said Maple Rd. “Mom, do you know of a Maple Road?”
“It’s down in Mayfield City. Maybe 20 minutes from our house. I’m coming sweetie. Hide so the people can’t find you, I will be there in a little bit.” She hung up.
Someone grabbed my shoulder. I turned around it was them. I screamed.
“Honey, Honey! It’s okay, you’re all right. You must have had a bad dream.” I woke up. I sat up and looked around, I was in my room. It was all just a dream. But it seemed so real. “Would you like some pancakes and orange juice for breakfast?”
“Sure mom.” I said. I got up and got some clothes on. Since it was only the fifth day of summer I put my junky clothes on so I wouldn’t trash my nicer clothes when I played outside. I went downstairs and looked outside for Chloe, my dog. And there he was, the strange man, right there on the sidewalk. I couldn’t believe my eyes. He turned and looked at me, we made eye contact. Then he turned back, and walked away.