does it effect me?

Have you ever told yourself, “Oh, music really doesn’t have an effect on me”? I know I have. I soon learned that I was VERY wrong! I went through a stage of my life (as I think many teenagers do) where I didn’t want really anything to do with God and wasn’t listening to Christian music. Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think that if you listen to secular music you are sinning. However, not only was I listening to secular music, I was listening to dirty, disgusting secular music. From there on out, I made wrong choices and kept on listening to those songs. Do I think that the choices I made were made solely because of the music I listen to? Of course not. However, music does and will affect the way you think, and by listening to music talking about explicit subjects, you will eventually begin to believe that these things are ok. I promise you this, the more you listen to explicit music, the more you will begin to let your guard down and think certain things are ok. Philippians 4:8 says, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worth of praise, think about these things.” We must be listening to honorable, pure, commendable lyrics, not explicit lyrics. Do not fool yourself into thinking that music will not have some sort of effect on you. So I ask you, “Does music really have an effect on you?” ..