Joyous Memories of Her | Teen Ink

Joyous Memories of Her

As I take a glance at the picture on the obituary, from my grandmother’s funeral, I begin to reminisce on the joyous memories of her. I began to feel and emptiness in my heart, as if a chunk of it was missing. I remember the times we all spent together on the holidays and different family occasions. My grandmother always kept a smile on her face. She was such a cheerful lady. The picture that is on the cover of the obituary is my most favorite and memorable picture of my grandma. She was wearing her favorite red sweater and she had the biggest smile I had ever seen on her. Her death was so unexpected, nobody in my family even thought twice that she would be gone that quick. She was only fifty-seven when she past. Her death hit my family really hard everyone had their own way of dealing with it but we got through it. It has been two years since her death and I would have to say that my family held together and stayed strong through this whole tragedy. I loved my grandmother very much and everyday I miss her.