Faces | Teen Ink

Faces

By SashaJox GOLD, London, Other
SashaJox GOLD, London, Other

‘Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfils itself.'

Faces are weird things. Every one has one, yet everybody’s face is different. We all have eyes, a nose, a mouth and ears but we all look completely different from each other.

Cynthia Ozick once said "After a certain number of years our faces become our biographies. We get to be responsible for our faces.” Our faces tell a story about our lives. Our faces have seen everything we’ve seen. They’ve been through everything we’ve been through however, a face never breaks. A face remains the same for years and years without cracking or breaking in any way.

Our face is also a sort of mask. Think of clowns, for example, because clowns paint their faces to either be happy or sad. Each person is their own clown because we are either happy or sad but we don’t paint it, we show it. Our eyes also tell stories. Each person in the whole world has their own set of eyes, however every body’ s is different. Nobody has the same pair of eyes. With our eyes comes emotion. We cry with our eyes and smile with our eyes. Our emotion is held within the eye.

Faces are our own identity. Everybody is different but we still all have the same features. Everybody has arms and legs, but those arms and legs all go through different things. Each scratch or scar on our skin is its own story. A story which remains a secret to all.