Teenagers Behind The Wheel | Teen Ink

Teenagers Behind The Wheel MAG

I agree with Paul Roy's opinion about changing driver's license requirements. Too many teenagers are killing themselves because they have no idea how to drive properly. Some think they know the rules of the road as soon as they get behind the wheel, which puts everyone at risk. Reckless driving comes from lack of experience. Teenagers where I live feel as though they own the road, and think they can do what they want once they have their license.

While I won't be driving until February, I know I'll get many hours of practice before I get my license. Driving is something you should not fool around with. If you drive recklessly, you put yourself (and others) at risk. Driving is a privilege abused by many because they haven't gotten the necessary practice.

Like Paul Roy, I have seen many of my friends, neighbors, and even my own relatives drive like maniacs and almost kill themselves and others. He also says age is not the problem. But a lot of adults say the driving age should be raised because sixteen-year-olds "can't handle it." It's not the age that counts - some teens drive safely, although some are wild. It all depends on how many hours parents allow them to drive. -

i love this !

ISEEYOU said...
on Mar. 30 2011 at 8:07 am

I totally agree, although age is a huge factor in some kids lives, it doesnt affect if they are a good driver, like you said they can be reckless drivers, but be great in school. They have a choice to be a good driver or not. Im 15 and will be an excelent driver, like i stated before you have a choice to be a good driver, or a bad one. Age is not a big factor.

P.S: FIRST TO COMMENT!! :D BE HAPPY!