Right, Wrong, Or To The Left

Throughout life most of our actions are put into categories on two sides of the spectrum, either “right” or “wrong”. “Right” is what we believe, or what society wants us to believe is “good” for ourselves or society. “Wrong” is any action or thought on the other side of this scale we use, “wrong” is what we or society believes to be “bad” for ourselves or society.
As we grow up these concepts of “right” and “wrong” are taught to us by our elders and those around us. These people were taught these concepts from their elders and peers. This ongoing cycle makes a variety of beliefs in which things from the past can be misunderstood, misinterpreted, and tampered with. “Right” and “wrong” are not as solid and air-tight as most might believe. The definition of “right” and “wrong” is claimed differently by everyone. For example most people would agree that Adolf Hitler’s movement in Germany which led to the Holocaust was “wrong”. This word “wrong” is relative to the paradigm in which inhabitants of the civilized world have become accustomed to. “Wrong” is a result of psycho sclerosis, a hardening of the mind, which has accumulated from years of experience and learnings from elders and peers.
Violent, brutal, and horrifying, these are many words that are very negatively looked upon and can describe Hitler’s actions. Despite this some people would say that what Adolf Hitler was “right”. These people are not the majority of our population, but they are still part of our population. If not everyone has the same values and morals, how can society use the categories of “right” and “wrong”?
Where people get their morals and values is varied, some from religion, some from experience, and some from government. This creates different people, “No two people in the world are the same.” I believe that most people gain these values and morals from some form of religion. Billions of people on this Earth have faith in some sort of religion. This is the majority of people and it has been like this for millions of years making it inevitable that the people who made the laws, governments, and societies around the world were influenced by religion in some way or another. This is shown very clearly in the U.S.A. by the similarities of many laws and the Ten Commandments. Thou shall not steal the base to personal property rights. Thou shall not bare false witness against neighbor; this is a base to laws against lying in the courtroom. These few commandments are just some of the similarities which make the “separation of church and state” ungraspable. Our society, our morals are very influenced by religions, many of which have never been proven.
Religion is a touchy subject and many people live and die for the religion’s “rights” and “wrongs” it despite its lack of proven reality. Religion answers questions in which cannot be easily found otherwise. Religion usually describes a higher being explaining most of the unexplainable like our creation and our existence. Now a day’s however the new generation in many cultures has taken more of a liking to atheism and a dislike to religion making societies’ main connection to religion the “rights” and “wrongs” in which the past had been influenced by. But is this slight “separation of church and state” a good or a bad thing? Many would say it is bad and it is making the “moral fiber” or “rights” of certain society diminish or warp into a growing anarchy. I disagree with this; I believe that “the separation of church and state” is very beneficial to many societies. This separation can make the things that are “right” the things that benefit the community and that benefit people, rather than benefitting an unproven belief. Yes, this is a somewhat shallow way to think of things but it is no shallower than governments around the world or reasons in which people have built up the simple and flexible structures of “right” and “wrong”.
No matter how things are written or how things are enforced the subjectivity of the words “right” and “wrong” separates the world. The subjectivity of “right” and “wrong” makes one person different from another. The a slight difference of one societies “right” from another can decide his or her religious choice leading him/her to be on the losing side of a battle. Unlike right and left the words “right” and “wrong” can be defined differently by everyone and is the base for war, hate, love, sacrifice, life, and death. People live and die for the “right”; people fight to kill the “wrong”. The problem is someone’s “right” is someone else’s “wrong”, hopefully things are moving in the correct direction.