Zits. | Teen Ink

Zits.

March 8, 2010
By rytheguyletsfly BRONZE, Alpine, Utah
rytheguyletsfly BRONZE, Alpine, Utah
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Most people aren’t very fond of zits. Each pimple is a painful badge of shame, drawing the eyes of ruthless judgers everywhere. Life is hard enough without erupting pustules cluttering your facial region, marring your beauty, blatantly pointing out your imperfect complexion. The acne-oppressed masses envy the smooth skinners. Oh, how the afflicted hate the fortune of the few! No, not hate their fortune; hate that it is not their own. Indeed, most people I know would agree that zits are not desirable.

Not so. Zits can be fun!

Have you ever glanced in the mirror, noticed an enormous whitehead, and thought, “I can’t wait to pop that thing.” I know you have. The pleasure that comes from evacuating a pimple of its contents is beyond satisfying.
You know you shouldn’t do it.
You’ve heard that popping zits just makes the acne worse.
But you can’t help it.
Squuueeeeeze… The agony is unbearable. You relent for a moment, getting a grip on the pain. Squuueeee-POP! Sweet victory! A thrill engulfs your body. The discharge on the mirror proves your success. Eyes watering, you search hungrily for another worthy opponent.
I know this is how you feel. I know because I, too, feel this way. I wish I could pop zits all day. I wish I could pop zits for a living somehow. Popping zits is, simply stated, the greatest pleasure I know.
Whoa don’t get me wrong. I hate zits.
But popping them sure can be fun.


The author's comments:
I wrote this because it rang true