Why I write

I write because it makes my family proud. I write because a few people have said I'm good at it. I write to see if anyone will listen to me. I write because it's a hobby colleges will be impressed with. I write because it's the only activity I can beat my siblings at. I write because it can help me make friends. I write because I want to entertain people. I write because I can be sassy without getting in trouble or being afraid of being in trouble. I write because it gives me something to talk about. I write because I've been inspired to. I write because I get to create someone new. I write because I get to dream of a new world. I write because it is fun. I write because it's something I've always done. I write because it's practical. I write because it allows me to vent. I write because, though I already have much to do, it gives me more. I write because it's something I can do forever. I write because I'll be able to when I get old. I write because I want to tell a story. I write because anything can happen. I write because I want to tell my strange dreams like they're real but it can only be that way in fantasy. I write because then I can live on forever any way I want. I write because I want to remember what I've thought. I write because I can do it anywhere. I write because there's so much you can do with it. I write because I can. I write because, well, why not?

LivvinG said...
Wow! That's so true. I feel the same way. Good job :)

tor10jax replied...
Thank you!

TheRightToDream This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Too true. Not everybody can comprehend what's so great about writing, and when they ask the question and it puts you on the spot you try to make the excuses sound...not stupid.
And then, there's the fact that the writing industry is pretty hard to get into...
Good job. :D

amyxu said...
EXACTLY :)

Joanna said...
Ahahaha, well said. I like how you progressed from it being something you "had to do", to something that liberated you, and somethig you love. I don't know if that was intentional, but I like it all the same.

pinksage33 said...
great!