Down the Road - A Personal Vignette | Teen Ink

Down the Road - A Personal Vignette

November 8, 2022
By Shivy BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Shivy BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

     I have become the age of 15 now. Taken its shape, its form, and ways of self-identity. Has anything been done? Will I be able to prove myself? The future, is it bright like a nebula in the dead black galaxy? Or is it as bleak as a depressed 6:30 Monday morning when the sun is nowhere to be found? As of right now, not a single clue. But I have hopes for my future, for what lies ahead, the hereafter if you will.
     In my future, I see a stallion, prancing with a gold aura following. I can picture a successful future with a footprint, the size of that of a T. Rex, the king of Tyrant Lizards himself. The aspiration I possess, the hopes and dreams I withhold, will they be achieved? The focus and tunnel vision in my mind is a staple to a paper, never leaving; always binding. With my goals in mind, I will not be denied and I will come out the greatest. I will always live the life I want and know I will do all in my power and more to see myself as the greatest I can be.
     I want the fast cars, the monthly vacations, the money, the power, and most of all, the satisfaction of coming out on top and proving that I did it. I did what I hoped. I will not have to wish anymore for I have accomplished the life I longed for. I will be able to look back on the life that I left and ponder how the 15-year-old me would see the future me as. Would he look up to me? Am I what he hoped for? No, I am better than that. The future holds great things for me. I don’t think of this, I know it for a fact.


The author's comments:

For my 10th Grade Honors English class, I created a vignette about my future and what I see in it. My vignette regards my personal aspirations and hopes for my future as well as a developing concept of uncertainty to certainty.