No Ordinary Bag | Teen Ink

No Ordinary Bag

By Rachael Foster BRONZE, Moultrie, Georgia
Rachael Foster BRONZE, Moultrie, Georgia

Sometimes what is referred to as common and ordinary becomes an unremarkable insight to life.

While sitting in my car at a stop light one starry February night, my eye caught hold of a peculiar object not belonging to the air in which I had sighted it. A plastic bag. The wind scooped the bag up, up, up and away high into the starry abyss; then, when the breeze lost interest, it would parachute slowly back to the safety of the ground. The light turns green, mesmerized by the bag, I remained frozen.

A coffee shop, a gas station, a thrift store, a supermarket- where did this bag come from? Furthermore, where is its destination- a blissful life full of beauty and benevolence, or a terrible life full of turmoil and torture? Rain, hail, sleet, snow, exasperating heat, intense cold- no obstacle is unconquerable.
No ordinary bag. This bag came to me as a massage in a bottle reminding me the one can never take life too seriously. Though plans sometimes fail and goals sometimes change, don’t get discouraged; go with the flow. In the end everything will make sense, and it will all be worth it.