A Girl's Guide to a First Date | Teen Ink

A Girl's Guide to a First Date

May 20, 2009
By Samantha Watson BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
Samantha Watson BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

TIP ONE-
Play hard to get… don’t worry I will explain. So technique to this is that you flirt with your eyes. When you walk past take a sexy glance at him and when he looks, catch is eye for a moment, and a slight smile maybe, and then turn and keep walking. DON’T STOP. Also, go without talking to him for a day or two, then go and approach him and just say a simple “what’s up?” Remember, you want to initiate and stay in control of the conversation. This means you can end it when you want and you start with a question that he should answer. IF he answers nothing, be like wow your exciting. (WITH SARCASM and a little cruelness) and walk away. Even roll your eyes a little. PLAY UP THE SEX APPEAL OF YOUR EYES AND BEST FEATURES. CONFIDENCE IS KEY…which brings us to tip 2.

Tip two-
CONFIDENCE IS KEY. Any woman can be sexy as long as she believes she is. If you do not believe that you are darn fine within your soul… it will not reflect outside. So, to get your inner sexy confidence out, do things for yourself that you enjoy or that bring up your self esteem. Make time for YOU. Paint your nails, wear sexy clothes that you know you look well in, or even clothes that make you look cute. Do your hair, wear makeup. Simple things that bring up your self esteem will play a MAJOR role in the process. If you think you’re hot -- he will. If you are uncomfortable with very short skirts, high heels and dramatic make-up stay clear of them. A natural look and one that you are comfortable with, is very attractive. It plays up your beauty inside and out.
Tip three-
Make him think that you don’t need him and that you’re fine without him. It will make him see that you’re not going after him because you need him; you’re going after him because you want him. No man wants a clingy woman. So she needs to be well balanced and have her own self worth. Also, remember, women have a natural ability to manipulate men. By the age of five, most girls have their fathers wrapped around their fingers.

Tip three-
Find out what he likes and talk about those topics rather than your life or what your interested in. this will show him that you are compatible on a deeper level than just physically. Show him that even if he isn’t interested in you as bf/gf that you still want to be his friend. Get closer to his heart in a friendly way first. Coming on too strong too soon can ward off a guy for good. Most men are scared of commitment so make it clear that isn’t all you want out of a relationship with him.
Tip Five-
Remember to be yourself and not anyone your not. Just because he dated a girl who is the complete opposite of you before doesn’t mean that his horizons are only stuck to the same type of girl. He probably is more interested in someone who cares about others and is kind than someone who has an attitude but “fits in”.

*Most importantly, just remember who you are and don’t get discouraged if he doesn’t feel the same way in the end. It isn’t anything you did; his feelings just aren’t the same. There are eight billion people in the world, and no matter how much you think that you will always want him, there is always going to be Mr. Prince Charming waiting around the bend for you.

The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this article for one of my friends who was going through a rough patch with getting a guy to ask her out on a date. I was trying to help her out and show her a few things she may want to do to get him more interested in her. In the end she didn't get the guy but she did remember to not let it bring her down and to always be herself.