Sleepless | Teen Ink

Sleepless

By theMichaelF BRONZE, Simms, Texas
theMichaelF BRONZE, Simms, Texas

There are a lot of people out there who want to be successful but aren't willing to put in the work. If you want something bad enough you'll be willing to take time out of your day, set some sort of goal and have a plan to achieve it. If you're not ready to wake up and kick today's ass, then your goals and your dreams are too small. Time is one of the most valuable aspects in life; what you have today could be gone tomorrow. Once the hourglass has run out of sand, there is no turning it back over for a second chance. Now with that being said, how are you going to spend your time on this earth? Are you going to settle for the average nine to five? Waking up doing the same s*** only on a different day? Or would you rather take a chance and actually make something of your life to inspire the ones around you? Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Nine times out of ten, earning something feels way better than receiving a handout. But keep in mind that there is no easy way out, there is no substitution for hard work. While others are off wasting their lives away by drinking and partying, you have to be able to overcome the temptations and make a sacrifice if you want to be great. No one wants to see you rise; people from all around will try to slow you down and kill your self-esteem. But once you're finally doing good, they are urged to say that they knew you could do it. You have to make the most out of all your time because you never know when it could all be gone.

We’re all destined for a normal life, but there is beauty in the struggle. You have to work, hustle, and kill your way to the top. Yeah, there are going to be some obstacles in your life, but once you see through the cloud of doubt and have some confidence in yourself then you'll be able to persevere through anything. If you don't chase and accomplish your dreams, then someone else will hire you for theirs. Yeah, it's a long road and you're going to lose your mind, but the trip is much greater than the destination. It's all about the journey and the sacrifices made along the way to get there. All the long stressful sleepless nights will pay off one day, if you're willing to stay consistent. Everything is a process. Great things take time.

on Feb. 15 2017 at 10:51 am
slrayburn SILVER, Simms, Texas

"It's very sad to me that some people are so intent on leaving their mark on the world that they don't care if that mark is a scar." - John Green

very inspiring

mgart BRONZE said...
mgart BRONZE, Simms, Texas
great job!