Education | Teen Ink

Education

By abhiroop_basak GOLD, Kolkata, New York
abhiroop_basak GOLD, Kolkata, New York
10 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Education is the awareness among people that helps them in analyzing difficulties and finds useful efficient solutions. It is the empowerment that drived the early humans of the Stone Age out of the dark caves and fat lit torches to the modern LED lights and a well furnished air conditioned suit.

In the contemporary world, people seem to suffer from still various problems that threaten to change the destinies of human civilizations around the globe. It is the efficient analysis of the problems concerned and united efforts of human beings on Earth irrespective of race, nationality and religion that will help us achieve this goal and education is the only way to it. Education is not to be bound in the pages of the book; students are to be made aware of the happenings all around the world and left to analyze themselves the consequences on people’s lives. Mere reading a chapter of history or political science cannot instigate in them the spirit of global unity and brotherhood and the hatred for activities that destroys humanity.

Global education along with interaction can really solve the problems. Interaction between students of different religion, culture, race and nationality can help analyze the problems faced by their fellow students and make themselves tolerant towards others thus cultivating a harmony among them. In this world of connectivity it is surprising to see that rarely it does occur that students from variety of countries working together to develop a common knowledge and specially the economic ban plays a vital role in this. It should be felt that education for the youth means educating the future of the Earth and it is not acceptable to leave behind those fellow students of the underdeveloped and developed countries.

As well as progress in science and technology, the educational structure must also contain interaction and care for nature. It is often seen that some students show interest in some subject while others are not being able to give the effort in to subject while some happen to not get interested in studying but in some form of sports. This should be welcome into the global education system. After a certain level they should be given the independence in choosing the field they wish to and train themselves in that so as to improve the quality of students rather than quantity in the society.

”Sustainability” is an idea that has developed in the past decade and has instigated many developmental programs without exploiting the nature. This idea has to be introduced as a part of education so as to spread awareness and cultivate a desire in them to peruse their aspirations in a sustainable way and efficiently balance science and technology along with protecting the environment.

Capitalism has proven to be economically active in many parts of the world but care has to be taken to not widen the gap between the rich and the poor and facilitate all irrespective of their social or economic status. Because it is this feeling of alienation and social or economic depression that occupies a major part of the non-textual education and may give rise to social evils in the future.

Of course western science has created a revolution in the eastern world but a perfect educational stratum can only be developed by the fusion of these two hemispheres and their cultures and knowledge.

This would help us create a global society with all its students exposed to a superior of quality in the influence of the Eastern and Western world that would help them create an ideal society where human beings are technologically advanced with more innovative ideas an ecological globe that would let nature its total share and be free of social cruelty, terrorism and disputes and where people will not claim their nationality but an identity as a human being.