Freedom in America | Teen Ink

Freedom in America

By greta_truttschel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
greta_truttschel GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Their love.  Their family.  Their lives.  Soldiers made the ultimate sacrifice in order for us to have a life of American freedoms.  The bravery of these soldiers led to the rise of what they had been fighting for--”American” Freedom.   They are what give this land the honorable title, “Home of the Brave”. 

Love.  One of life’s most valuable treasures. Love is what holds this nation together as one.  Without love we would not attain freedom.  Being able to show affection towards those around us is a gift that we should not take for granted. 

Family.  I am constantly surrounded by kindhearted family members. I’m able to spend quality time with my family, where soldiers were torn from their family and forced to set aside their memories. 

Life.  Thanks to those who gave their lives in war, I am given opportunities.  From receiving an education to the right to believe in any religion, I am provided with the freedom that veterans once aimed to attain. We live our lives for those who didn’t get to live theirs. 

Love, family, and life are given to us out of the bravery and effort that veterans spared. 

This is a piece about Freedom.