Failure and Self-Improvement | Teen Ink

Failure and Self-Improvement

By M_Ahmed BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida
M_Ahmed BRONZE, Melbourne, Florida

Although failure may seem like a horrible incident, the fact of the matter is that failure or rejection is part of a continuing process of self improvement. One should not fear failure and avoid risks or allow the fear to overwhelm and discourage them from a certain path. Failure should be taken advantage of and used to gain experience from.

Oftentimes the dread of an upcoming incident is a lot worse than the actual event. Some people use this fear to discourage people from going a certain path. How can one know how bad something is without experiencing it first-hand? The fear of failure is similar. Failure is a likely outcome, and if it hasn’t happened to someone yet, they probably haven’t been taking enough risks. One should push forward and do their best no matter what. The first thing fear of failure does is breed an overcautious approach to opportunity. One should aim to do what they want and not take the easy way out by “playing it safe.” Secondly, fear of failure can keep one from speaking up and making the kind of impact that could induce success. Just the fear alone could make one miss an opportunity of a lifetime. One should not fear failure. If someone wishes to succeed, they must lose their fear and do what’s important to them

Failure should be taken advantage of and used to gain experience from. Channeled properly, rejection can be something that makes one all the more determined to win or advance the next time. No matter how perfect one may think they are, it is important for them to recognize and remember that they won’t always come up with the best answer. In the case of rejection or failure, one should use it as a learning experience and work towards an improvement.

Failure is an important part of self improvement. It should not be feared, rather taken advantage of.