Values those are most important to me. | Teen Ink

Values those are most important to me.

October 24, 2007
By Anonymous

Values those are most important to me.


Values are something that is important in life. Values can’t be exchanged in any way or form. Everyone has something that they value and of course that includes me as well. A value is something that a specific person or groups respects and affectively regards it as something important in their life. An example would be my values, I, personally, have many values. Some of my most important values consist of my family, my ethnicity and my memories.

Something that I value the most would be my family. Family means a lot for me because no matter what happens, my family would always be there for me. Life would be really different if I didn’t have the family that I have now. In my family, I am taught that no matter what difficulties I have to face, my family would always be there and support me. They taught me many things about life that I would take with me for the rest of my life. No matter how many good friends you have, they will never be there for you forever, but family will always be there for you. Not everyone has a perfect family; therefore, I must appreciate what I have now because not everyone is as lucky as me to have a family that cares for each other through out all the different circumstances.

Another very important value of mine would be my ethnicity. Ethnicity is very important for it describes me. Due to the fact that I am born Asian American, I was brought up to what I am today. It is very stereotypical where people think that Asians are smart people and because of this belief, there is always the pressure of being smart. My parents didn’t have an education like me, for my mom didn’t stopped attending school and for that reason, she wants me to have a good future. Therefore, she would always tell me to work hard and that school is very important. This is another reason why I value my family as well; it is because they always lead me the right direction.

Ethnicity causes different people to have different standards in life. My parents have expectations and those expectations become my expectations which make me improve in life. Ethnicity also covers religion and culture. Although there are many superstitions in my religion, I still believe in most of them because it seems like I was brought up to be very superstitious, and I find them very interesting. I really like the culture of my heritage. I find it most extravagant to research about. The history of my people is what I am interested the most about because it informs us of how people act nowadays due to the teachings of back then. We should value the fact that we can read and write for many people in other countries aren’t able to do so, and what I value more is that I am able to communicate through more than one language, giving me an advantage in life. If I never learned Chinese, I would’ve never been able to understand the true meanings of the literature. I am very grateful of what I have learned throughout the years and I value all these traits that I possess.

Memories only come in one set to each person; therefore, everyone must value their memory. I value my memory for it reminds me of the things and events that happen to me throughout my life. My memories are most valuable because without them I wouldn’t be able to be who I am today, for my knowledge of things depends on my memory. The best thing is that no one can take away another’s memory and it stays within the person itself forever. There would be no point in life if there was no memory for what would be the reason for continuing to live without a memory of people and things that are most precious to you. Precious moments that would never come again would always remain in the memory of the person. Precious memories are a great value to me in life for I depend on the many happy events that happen in my life to go through the tougher or sadder times of life. If I’m furious, or miserable, I would always think of the good times and that would make me elate.

In conclusions, everyone values at least one thing in their life. My values are mainly the things that create me for what I am today. Family is indeed the most important, ethnicity is just what comes with me when I was born and I respect that the most. Memories are things that I would never trade for in my life and will keep them to myself or even share the memories with other people establishing more new memories. Life would be very different if I had no values, and I’m pretty sure it goes for everyone as well. Perfection is created by the values of life which one has.

Carmen Kuang
This will certify that the above work is completely original.