Crys of a Broken Soul | Teen Ink

Crys of a Broken Soul

By CriesOfABrokenSoul BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
CriesOfABrokenSoul BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"'Broken' is an impossible word, that is incapable of being 'fixed'." ~ CriesOfABrokenSoul

The PAIN... The SORROW... Those were the only words I heard in my mind for 10 years of my life; but it's not what you think. The PAIN wasn't my pain, and the SORROW wasn't my sorrow. These were the cries of a broken soul, torn to shreds, beaten down into a liquid only GOD knows the name for. I have always wondered if God really was all powerful, and if he could change whatever he wanted to, why wouldn't he change HER life. Why couldn't he change the way the world perceived her and the way she saw herself. It has taken me my entire life to just GRASP the idea of God, and now I understand. God chose these ideas of the "perfect human", but really, what is the "perfect human"? Is it obtaining the best job, the most amount of money, and having no problems whatsoever? Well I can assure you that this was the idea that was put into my head as a child. This was the one thing that I was SURE was true. But now... I realize it's not. To me, the "perfect life" and the "perfect human" is unobtainable. It is all about perception; the way humans perceive the world, and how we perceive ourselves. We can perceive ourselves as the STRONGEST and SMARTEST human beings in the world, but that doesn't make us the strongest and the smartest. God didn't make us "perfect" so we can survive in a perfect world, and have no problems. He made us as creatures of POTENTIAL. He molded our lives so we can grow, and he can test us; now I understand, that this PAIN and SORROW is needed and is a necessity to life on Earth. This is why it repeated in my mind. THIS IS WHY...?