I can and i will

By Jessica Livingston, Wheeling, IL

Books neatly on the shelf in ABC order, sweaters hung up in closet, clothes folded and in draws, bed made, and not a thing out of place. That’s what my room looks like…almost. My criminal law and procedure textbook is the only thing that does not have a specific place in my room, because it is always being moved. When I grow up I want to be and assistant district attorney. If you know me you already know that if you don’t then you will be able to tell with in the next 5-10 minutes. If you thinking to your self, isn’t that hard, and how do you know if you can even do it. Then you were just like me. It took me about 3 minutes to step my self out of thoughts like that. I can and will become an ADA, you don’t think so than watch me! I am a very competitive person, I want something I will do anything it takes to get it, even if it means pushing someone (competitor) down to get it. (Metaphorically speaking). How many steps does it take to get there? A lot. I intend to follow each and every one of them and complete them successfully.

The first step I’ll take to become an ADA is college. I want to go to the University of Chicago for two years and then New York University for four. In the process of college I want/will achieve degrees. These degrees are my jurice doctor, pre law, law, masters, and philosophy. These degrees will enhance my chances of being an ADA. I am going to go to school in the morning and work at night, until I’m out of school, than I won’t need my job because I will be qualified to into law. This is the first step I’m taking to the career I was born to do. Some people are born to be soccer moms; I was born to prosecute criminals.

After I am out of college I cannot just become an assistant district attorney. T will need court experience first. Most ADA’s start off as public defenders. This is were I will have to start to. Doing this job is not easy, in fact it is extremely emotional. I can handle it though. Also you have to be able to argue as an ADA. I can do that. For example: my sister and I were fighting/debating. This went on forever. Eventually I got so into it I just had to prove I was right, so I started arguing so hard that Jamie became speechless. I can argue and will argue until I can prove that I’m right. This will help me become an ADA and when I am it will help me win my cases, which will help my career.

Becoming an ADA is my last step. I will need to apply for a job. I will apply ft a good law firm. If you know me you know I won’t stop until I get where I want. I will fulfill my commitment to my self. I will become an ADA.

As you can see I have a plan to become an assistant district attorney. I can and will get there and get the career I want. I am a determined and competitive person and will be successful. This is my future. I will make this happen.

I am a determined, competative girl. I was inspired to write this because i wanted people to know what i want to do with my life. I hope that the readers who read this get inspired to do what they want to do in life. I want to be really successful in life and when my readers read this i want them to want to become successful to.

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!