Honesty is the best policy | Teen Ink

Honesty is the best policy

November 20, 2007
By Anonymous

Honesty is the best policy


In relationships you have to have honesty or the relationship won’t work out as well. Sometimes relationships build up around trust also. You have to have trust in the person you’re with or you will diverge.

For example, if the person you’re with goes out without you and you have trust issues, the person won’t be with you as frequently. Sometime afterward you talk about your problem with your “friend” and let them know how you’re feeling about it.

For example, my “friend” and I had gotten in a fight and he said he didn’t trust me anymore. So we got into an argument about him having trust issues and I told him to let me be free because if he holds on to me he might estrange me. He thought I was being dishonest about me going out with my friends so he called people I was with and they all told him the exact same thing I told him; he still didn’t believe me.

There was a party and this guy was there without his girlfriend. He was hugging on this other girl. So one of my friends who was there with me called his girlfriend. The girl asked us to take a picture; we did and we showed it to her. Her boyfriend came in the house ten minutes later and she asked him was he with another girl and he lied and said, “No.” She asked him if he was sure and his response was yes. The picture was shown to him and he had a look on his face like he was guilty. He was really embarrassed about the whole thing and thought it would precipitate a break up. The girl forgave him and they still go out.

In relationships you have to be scrupulous or the relationship won’t work out. Just let each other be free as long as you know who you are with. It’s okay to go out without each other but just have trust. For a strong relationship to continue, follow the tenet that “honesty is the best policy.”