I Believe | Teen Ink

I Believe

By Alongmore GOLD, Merton, Wisconsin
Alongmore GOLD, Merton, Wisconsin

I believe in hope. I’m proud of America and what we, as individuals, can achieve with our freedom.  I am blessed to know I grew up in a society where I was taught to express myself and and follow my dreams. I am proud to say I am an American.

I believe in the red and white striped, fifty-starred flag, twirling the wind. I am able to wake up everyday knowing I’m protected by the soldiers fighting for our safety. I am allowed freedom, which is a privilege not all  people have.

I believe in growth. I look around and see people, ideas, and creations being made. I see gas cars evolving into hybrids, and flips phones turning into iPhones. Without the American freedom of being able to choose what we say and do, there would never be anything new.

I believe in cherishing the moments. From taking my first step into high school, to learning how to drive, to the long summer nights with your best friends, being able to make my own decisions that lead leads to memories, which I will carry with me all my life.

I believe in hope. I believe in freedom. I believe in growth. I believe in America. And that’s why I am proud to call myself an American.