I Want to Tell You | Teen Ink

I Want to Tell You

October 29, 2014
By officekid PLATINUM, Encinitas, California
officekid PLATINUM, Encinitas, California
23 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You must be filled with expectancy. You must be awash in hope. You must wonder who will love you, whom you will love next.”
― Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane


I want to tell you that you are not normal. Nobody is. Normal doesn’t exist. Good exists. Are you good? Only you know that. Each decision you make makes you a little better or a little worse.

I want to tell you that good still exists. People pretend it doesn’t (but secretly hope it does) just so that they can do what they want, do other things and avoid good, because if it doesn’t exist then there’s nothing wrong with the wrong, nothing to measure the wrong against so maybe, just maybe, it’s good. Right? I’m confused. You’re confused, probably. Everyone is, don’t worry, it’s normal.

I want to tell you that you can be awesome. You were made to be awesome. You weren’t made to be okay or to blend into the nothingness of the crowd of everybody mulling and skulking on the vast road more traveled by. There are thousands of crossroads to get off onto the other road; it just looks desolate because there aren’t many people on it. It just looks longer because it is and it just looks difficult to run along because it is. It is. That’s the thing. It is the road. People just didn’t like it so they made a new one. I just want to tell you that you’re right; everyone on the vast road of a seemingly “easy” and self-gratifying life is lost. Everyone. Everyone is lost at some point. But it’s scary when people pretend not to be.

I want to tell you that you are loved. Like really though. Like “I will jump in front of a car/train/evil in a way that Superman only could just to save your precious life” kind of crazy passionate love. You are loved, passionately, even when you don’t feel it. Because love is not feeling, or a feeling, it is just true and pure and simple.
I want to tell you that love is simple. “Love” is described so often in movies as complicated or reckless or destructive, but these are not love; these are lust.
I want to tell you that lust is not worth any of your time. Lust is feeling; love is sacrifice.

I want to tell you that you’re right. People are lost without Him. They can pretend to feel whole and try to supplement themselves with stuff and stitch their wounds with lust and gluttony of goods, wanting more of the world because they never feel satisfied with it so they think that more of it will heal them-but it doesn’t. They just need more stitches and nothing ever heals. Without Him, there literally is no point to any of this. No morals exist. You can kill anyone you want. That kid in your math class who pisses you off? Go for it. You want your boss’s Porsche? Take it. You think your friend's wife is hot? Do it. Why not? You literally only live once. No one, nothing can tell you otherwise because nothing else exists. It’s just you. Your brain. That’s it. Just neurons and wires and currents and some bones, muscles, cells, you. This is you. This is all you are. Your brain has developed in such a way to where it lights up and makes you feel things at certain points in your life like when you are attracted physically to someone and so yeah you feel stuff. But there’s literally nothing to live for other than you, so make this life count by getting all you can.
Sounds like a party. There is literally nothing to live for without Him. And this is why people are lost.

I want to tell you to be passionate. Always seek the Truth, and then passionately follow it, defend it, stand up for it, defeat all that seeks to destroy it. Be a warrior, and you will never regret it. Be lukewarm and you will not truly know love.

I want to tell you do have to choose. Help the girl who is so eager for love and so lost in the world, who had no father to teach her that love doesn’t come from those minutes spent being held in a stranger’s arms and it's not worth selling herself and being labeled a list of blackened words. Help the boy who is unseen, who you do not want to see but if you choose to ignore he will be nonexistant tomorrow. Help the man who believes himself a child without a father. Help the mother who is sad and darkened by a hurtful man in marriage. Help or walk. Would you rather? Life is kind of like that, like would you rather, except you have to choose rather quickly on some things and none of it’s hypothetical.

I want to tell you to stop “keep going” and start living. Passionately. Love. Know love. Learn what love is. Learn how to love and who is giving it to you. Learn how beautiful life is. And learn how to live it as your best self. Learn who you are, and who you were made to be. Start.


The author's comments:

This is what I want to scream at the world, at the kids in my class, at the people on the street. this is what i want them to know, but you don't want to know it. why don't you want to know it?