Own Every Second | Teen Ink

Own Every Second

February 8, 2014
By JuliaStolt BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
JuliaStolt BRONZE, Las Vegas, Nevada
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

At the end of the day, I want to claim I smiled, I learned, I risked all I thought I had, and I can remember every detail of it. I want to recall it all and announce I lived those twenty four hours to the fullest extent of human craziness possible. I want to say I didn’t waste a precious moment. I want to declare I jumped over a chasm of doubt, climbed a mountain of hope, kneeled for help, reached the top of the world, and came across a view of the gorgeous scenery below me, triumphant in the end.

My wish is to be me (the spastic self not many see), to ignore the haters (those who share hard silent looks), to keep trying (and not easily give up), to move on (and let it go), choose a path (preferably the yellow brick one), and follow it through (until I decide to change my course for the better). My wish is to pursue my dreams; the big ones, little ones, daydreams, ones thought of in the night, realistic and unrealistic ones. My wish is to bring those dreams to life, and on the way to stumble while performing them, just so I can test my strength to get up. I wish to unequivocally press forward and ignore the judgements and mutterings as I pass by.

I need to tackle a new hobby. Several brand-new hobbies. I need to tryout my courage, and depart from that predestined path that people oh so surely have foreseen me ensuing. It is my venture. I need to supply my sought after destiny with all I’ve got, and do what I crave to. I need to be a rookie, a beginner, and commence profoundly on whatever deviating chapter of life I march myself into. It’s only knowledge I bring with me throughout my travels on this earth and into the future. Knowledge from relationships, situations, and events. I need to gain a lot of it, need to accumulate hoards of information, and gather an education for myself. I need to set up goals I would never have chosen before in the state of a routine mind, just to prove I can leave the comfort zone. I need to prove society wrong, and be a little rebellious. I need to enter into unique phases.

I hope to go through the challenges, the devastations, the roadblocks, the mending periods, the recuperating stages, the triumphs; in short the biggest life events with their accompanying emotions. I hope to seize every opportunity. I hope to go through everything the average person is put through. I’m here living life for a reason, and I hope to figure out that reason and pursue that newfound purpose.

And with all of these wishes, needs, and hopes, I will continue on. When life gets a little difficult and stubborn, I’m still going to live. I’m not going to be a zombie, roaming without a purpose, barely surviving the relentless trials thrown my way. I’m not going to let it catch me, that stupid relentless despair calling to me! Its hands will extend, try to grab me and pull me back. Its attempts to trip me up, to have me fall, to have me sink into that pit of despair will not succeed on me. I will spin around and kick it down before it comes anywhere near. I’m going to observe, watch, acquire information, forge ahead, and keep on running. I’m going to reach that sunrise, let it fill my eyes with light, and I’m going to ponder on the good, the positive.

I will own every second this world gives me.