Still a little kid | Teen Ink

Still a little kid

July 27, 2008
By Anonymous

I’m 17 years old and about to enter my last year in high school. Everyone is now looking at me and waiting. Even though I’m entering my senior year, I still think that I’m a little kid going to pre-school for the first time. My mom holding my hand, walking me to class. I was so scared because I was new.

After almost eleven years of school, I’m entering my last phrase. I don’t know if I should be scared like my first day of pre-school or happy because it’s my last year. I know my friends are happy to get out of high school. Their ready to leave and go to college, to start a new life. As for me, well I’m not exactly ready. I still feel like a little kid. A little girl that is holding for mommy’s hand going to pre-school.

Even though I’ve been through this before, I still feel strange and weird. The fact that knowing that every choice I make this year will determine my future, frightens me. Everything I do this year will decide my life, scary me to death. I still have my college application to worry about. Just thinking about it makes me sick. I don’t know where I want to go or what I want to do. “What if I don’t get accepted? What am I going to do?”

Finally, I have to go through my social life. I have my last homecoming and football game. Prom and senior pictures are just around the corner. Graduation will be here before you know it. Just thinking of this makes me nervous. I’m not ready to graduate. I’m not ready to go to college. I don’t want to see prom or go to my last football game. I’m just 17 years old. I haven’t entered my senior year yet and I’m already scared out of my life. Sometimes I wish to go back to pre-school again. Sometimes I wish to be a kid again. Sometimes I feel that I am still a little kid.