Growing Up

When I was younger, I wanted so badly to grow up and be just like the people around me. I looked up at these mature, sophisticated, well put together people and thought that that was how the world worked, that one day you just turn into that person, and the world helps you do it. In actuality though I have come to realize how difficult life can be and how you have to work harder than ever before if you want to reach that next level. Growing up takes not only one person, but mostly requires a large group of people supporting your moves and encouraging your next ones. Sure it seems that this group of people loves you unconditionally and they’ll drop to their knees for you, but in truth it’s a give-and-take relationship. In order to fully grow up you must learn to respect people unreservedly, and you need know when to let someone else take the spotlight. There are several aspects to growing up and sure not all of them are awesome, but all in all it’s hard not to look back on that time of your life and not think about how much you grew, changed, and learned through those awful experiences and life changing moments.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Meaghan_Elise said...
Oct. 18, 2012 at 10:07 am:
Your writing is wonderful(: