Thinking | Teen Ink

Thinking

By Wwilloww BRONZE, Humble, Texas
Wwilloww BRONZE, Humble, Texas

Beleive you can and your halfway there.
-Theodore Rosevelt

Is it possible to clear your mind of all thoughts, phrases, images, or anything else that goes through your mind? Is it possible to truly empty your mind? Some people think too much, and it seems some people don't think at all. Yet, even when your mind is blank, it could really mean that you have so many jumbled thoughts that you don't have enough room for any more.
I think that it's impossible to not think. When you breathe, see, eat, and even tie your shoe- your thinking. It could be that the people who think too much don't think about that, and they are the people who truly don't think enough. Still, wouldn't clearing your head be just like shutting down? Even in your sleep your dreaming, and that's thinking. It can't be possible to not think anything.
Even if you try to empty your head, your really just focusing your thoughts. When your focused on a task at hand, thoughts run unconsciously through your brain. Otherwise, you wouldn't be able to do it in the first place. I've read books where characters say they're not thinking anything, but that's not true. Just by saying that, they're making an observation, and therefore, thinking.
I'll be the first to admit that sometimes it feels like I'm not thinking at all. Like when I write, the words just flow from my fingertips, but even then I'm still thinking. It's not possible to not think I think, and I think that no matter what, everyone is always thinking.

My sister and I dispute about thinking, so I wrote this to clear things up:)