Where Bullying Begins | Teen Ink

Where Bullying Begins

April 18, 2011
By inkwell BRONZE, Great Falls, South Carolina
inkwell BRONZE, Great Falls, South Carolina
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Strong and convincing art has never arisen from theories." -Mary Wigman


Why is it that every time we try to be nice to someone that they won’t return the kind gestures? Ask me, I couldn’t tell you… actually I can! Because today’s generation hasn’t been taught good manners. I find it very rare nowadays that you smile at a random stranger and they smile back, instead they just give you that little ‘Ugh, I’m so peeved at the world and you’ kind of face. Or somebody who you’ve just been nice to, but not best friends with just talks about you after the person acts like your best friend. And those are only two examples of the rudeness of today’s kids and or teens, even adults!

I don’t see why the society can’t be nice to everybody like in the fifties and sixties, you may not like the person but you can still be kind for goodness sakes. I know what you’re thinking, “Fifties and sixties, really Inkwell?” Yes people. If you watch ‘I Love Lucy’ or another tv program from the eras, take into notice that almost everyone that Lucy knew liked her because they both shared KIND GESTURES. I passed a stranger the other day and smiled at her and she smiled back, how friggin’ NICE?

People don’t understand the fact that others actually go through bad days, so to make it even worse they murmur about you right in front of you or they want to make you lose your friends. Basically what I’m trying to transfer into your brains is that there are actually people out there who will degrade YOU to make themselves feel better. I would hope that most of you would know that, but some chicks and dudes of today can’t accept that concept. And yes, the subject of being rude to people you don’t even know hardly or at all even, and people you know who do this relate! THEY ARE ALL BULLIES.

I know that people have a hard time accepting this, that they’re best friends might be manipulating them and they don’t even know it! Or someone else who is unkindly to you one day, just “inspires” you to turn into a complete butthole for the rest of the day. Even strangers who cut their eyes at you in the middle of a mall for instance, can completely tear you apart. People are out to get others and this is causing struggles for totally nice kids who actually have some sense.

I watch the news, and I know you have before and that you’ve seen cases of where people kill themselves because of bullies, and they’ve been so torn apart that they’ve been pushed to suicide. Even homicide. Bullies say, “Oh I didn’t do diddly-squat.” (except more rudely hint hint wink wink), when they are the ones who killed the person. Yes, even if the person did kill themselves, the bully made them do it so technically the bully killed them.

But on a happy note, there ARE kids out there getting help. And if you’re going through being a victim of bullying, even if you’re the bully, get help. Ask a trusted adult, a friend, a teacher, even a cashier at the grocery store! Just make sure that you don’t go through the issue forever, if you last that long, and know that there ARE other people out there going through the same thing. I’ve been through this before, and it all started with being rude and mean and then I was a victim of bullying. Don’t do what I did and hide it for almost a year and a half, and tell someone. No you’re not a snitch, you’re only saving yourself and the bully.

I pray for this nation to just be nice, and I hope you do too, peace. ?


The author's comments:
I'm a victim and I don't want other kids to be. I've been seeing all this crap and taking it from all these people, and I've finally realized that I don't have to and neither do you.