Mr. Washington

In 1773, men threw boxes of tea into the Boston harbor, in protest of the injustice taking place. In the 1920s, women picketed the streets to have equal opportunities. In the 1960’s, a man with a dream sacrificed his life to promote equality for all people. We then took our courage across the sea so the rest of the world could have the freedoms that we have. Now in 2011, Mr. Washington tells "us, young people" to speak, to stand up. They are telling our children about this thing they call the American Dream. They are saying we have "freedoms." Freedoms that are our "foundation." But, here, here in Real America that isn’t enforced. Our "leaders and examples" aren’t listening to what Mr. Washington says. They tell us "inside these walls you are not in a democracy, you are not free, you have no freedoms." So at the end of the day my address saying U.S.A. may mean freedom to the rest of the world, but not here in Real America. I'm sorry Mr. Washington, but they're not listening. They don’t believe in “This Generation.” We are criminals, we are criminals for thinking, we are criminals for speaking, and we are criminals for expressing ourselves. Talk all you want Mr. Washington, but here in Real America they cover their ears and control us. We, here in Real America we are anything but free.