Justin Bieber vs. David Archuleta: Who is a better role model?

There’s two guys in the music world who have gotten a lot of hype over the past few years. David Archuleta and Justin Bieber, both once living a normal life, quickly shot to fame almost out of no where. David Archuleta was runner-up on the seventh season of American Idol and has three high-ranking studio albums. Justin Bieber was a youtube sensation discovered by Usher, now a music sensation. They both have huge fan bases with their many albums, tours, and both even have best selling books. Now, if you asked the Beliebers which one of them is the better musician, they’d say Justin. And if you asked the Arch Angels, they’d without a doubt say David. Though they both really can’t be compared with their music, they can with their heroism.

Not too long ago, Justin Bieber was just an ordinary guy, making youtube videos of him singing and playing the guitar. Never did he think he’d end up where he is today, with such a strong following from his fans. But does their following go anywhere past his music? Though Justin worked hard to get where he is, and he donates to charities and has his new inspirational song “Pray”, has he ever done anything that really hit people hard and made them admire him? Though he’s done all of valuable things, it’s been known that he also acts out, swears, and possibly even punched a boy in the face. Do his good qualities even out with his faults?

David Archuleta was too just an ordinary guy with little confidence and no self-esteem, but a love for singing. When he finally did have enough self-assurance to actually try and work on music, he was diagnosed with vocal paralysis. He had felt like music was just a thing of the past, it was that one piece missing from him, until one day, he felt a strong, “unexplainable” feeling to audition for American Idol, and that’s how he got where he is today. David worked hard all throughout his life to get where he is, doing numerous singing competitions while battling his strong hatred for his voice. But that didn’t stop him. David is the perfect example of working hard and achieving your dreams. Not to mention the numerous charities he’s involved with, plus his unshakable faith and strong positivity, which he tries to share with people so that they too can achieve their goals in life and be happy. David’s influential music and motivational quotes make him an inspiration to many people, which is why David has such a devoted fan base.

So to answer the question “Who is a better role model?”, I think it’s pretty obvious that the answer is David. David has done a lot more for people than just flipping his hair. He’s truly inspired people to do what’s right with the strong impact he’s had. Though you can admire some of Justin’s qualities, there’s a lot more about David that makes him a true role model, and even a hero in his fans’ eyes.

TheNZArchAngel said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 2:53 am
Sorry I made a spelling error in my last comment. I mean't to say that David is an inspirational role model. :)

TheNZArchAngel said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 2:45 am
I absolutely agree with this article! David is such an inspirational rode model to young and old alike. His humbleness, positivity and determination just shine throughout. He is just filled with goodness and his music reflects his glowing personality. I'm a fan of David's from New Zealand where there is a dominant Justin Bieber fanbase. Good for Justin that he's popular and doing well, but David really changed my life through is music and through the great person that he h... (more »)

Kat's Meow said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 12:07 am
I recently saw a clip of Bieber on Graham Norton, a British chat show.  When asked about all the screaming girls, he said that he'd become used to it.  All I could think was that David Archuleta would never take his fans for granted like that, plus he'd never be so smug.  On an interview recently for Cambio, David talked about how important it was for him to be a good role model to young people.  I found that very refreshing, especially when you hear so many celebrities and a... (more »)

Nellie1983 said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 12:03 am
I completely agree with your assessment but actually to go a little further. David is the most humble guy you'll ever meet. He shows and voices his appreciation for his fans, his family, and his friends. His faith and beliefs are strong and it is because of them that he believes he has a voice at all to be able to sing. He has said more than once that he likes to see how music touches people's lives. His music has touched so many lives, mine included. There really are no words to ... (more »)

AALetta This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 1:32 am
Nellie, I complete agree with all of that :)

Jeremiah replied...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:26 am
I realy agree with you ,two, and to all the comments for David.David's really a role model.he inspires his people through his melody,his compassion to people around and his love of God.Let's go for david!

LyLuvMusic said...
This article tells all the truth! Justin is just a hot pop sensation when David is actually a true artist. It is so unfair that David is not as popular as Justin. David's music speaks meaningful things to people when Justin's can't. And David is so much more humble than Justin. I think Justin should learn a lot from David! I'm a huge fan of David and forever will be.

justin replied...
i totally agree! its so unfair that they're giving more appreciation to artists who are less deserving than david

SuperBuknoy said...
I look up to David Archuleta. I'm glad others "get" him, too!

Shanny in Australia said...

Justin is a nice looking kid with a sweet voice who has been thrown into the deep end of the adult world and commanded to swim.  I believe he is doing his best with what he has.  If people find qualities in him worth emulating then that is wonderful.

As for David, his goodness simply shines out of him.  Just watch him talk or sing and tell me if you don't see him glowing from within! lol Anyone taking any time to get to know David will be immediately struc... (more »)

ArchieAngel=) said...
I love them both, but after reading David's memior, I was hooked on him. I read Justin's memior a while later... And was suprised at the things he said.They're both great, but i strongly agree with this articl!!!! and David is a much better role model.at least he doesnt go on chasing girls and swearing. but no hate toward the Biebs. I was obsessed with him. NEW OBSESSION ALERT: im an ArchieAngel now:)

sharon(gmax4) said...

It is so easy to see why David Archuleta is so happy all the time!  He gives so unselfishly to others! The time he spends giving to various charities is amazing.   I am an older fan also... who is inspired by David and how he lives his life.  Everyone can learn something from him.   He is a leader, without even trying . He just leads by example.   He spreads so much joy and happiness to others just by being himself.

He  lives his life with such beautiful m... (more »)

TrudyFOD said...
I can only say that since David Archuleta has come into my life -- I have looked at life differently and now look for ways to help others rather than always benifiting myself. I ama huge fan and supporter of David. He is just a very special person who has the voice of an angel. He inspires me daily with his positive messages through his music or his tweets on twitter. I have contributed to many of David's charities - Make a Wish, Invisible Children, etc. David's fans are always coming together f... (more »)

sunnyd said...
David Archuleta is such an amazingly talented person! He is a good role model to people of all ages because he is involved in numerous charities (Children's Miracle Network, Rising Star Network, Stand Up to Cancer, Haiti, etc). He does a lot of concerts and contributes the entire amount to charities. He is sweet, humble, down to earth and one of the most positive people out there. He is beautiful inside and out and that is why his fans adore him!!!

joyluck said...
I am with David Arculeta all the way. He is a genuinely kind and giving person. His work with many charities, such as Susan Komen Breast Cancer, Children's Miracle Network, Stand up to Cancer just to name a few are charities he has not only given his valuble time to, but proceeds from shows and outward support in his vlogs, tweets, etc. A try role model for today's youth. In addition, a minor detail--- the guy is just plain talented and is an incredible live stage performer. He doesn't need back... (more »)

ArchAngelForever said...
David Archuleta is a positive role model.  David is who we want our daughters to marry, our sons to be friends with and to be the neighbor next door.  David doesn't need a swagger coach like Justin - David has his own ArchuSwagger!  Has Justin Bieber ever stopped and helped neighbors rake their leaves even though he had an appointment to get to?  David Archuleta has.  Oh, and David Archuleta has never angrily pushed a fan like Justin Bieber did during a concert.&nbs... (more »)

Sweetcrush said...
David by far a better role model. I love this article, so true, David does a lot more with his time then flipping his hair, his earned time and money will show you how much he donates over Justin. He is very much concerned about others then himself, I think a is a big difference with Justin. Most of all David can actually sing. To me Justin is all an act. David is the real deal. David is the role model for today and tomoorow.

Angelgal3 said...
Great comments about David. He is an awesome role model and has the voice of an angel as well. I think it's hard to compare the 2 since they are both very different artists and people. Gotta love David though!

Jan. 3, 2011 at 1:36 am
I think it's hard to compare the two with their talent, but I don't think it's that hard to compare the two's impact on people.

Danielle & Stephanie said...
David is a fantastic role model for all ages to follow. One of the things we love & respect most about David is that even at a young age he knows who he is, stays true to himself and never compromises his values & beliefs. He has it more together than most adults, in addition to having a heart of gold. David is there to lend a hand in helping so many charities, especially those involving children. David is such an incredible talent, he has such a beautiful, unique, amazing voice that onl... (more »)