Justin Bieber vs. David Archuleta: Who is a better role model?

There’s two guys in the music world who have gotten a lot of hype over the past few years. David Archuleta and Justin Bieber, both once living a normal life, quickly shot to fame almost out of no where. David Archuleta was runner-up on the seventh season of American Idol and has three high-ranking studio albums. Justin Bieber was a youtube sensation discovered by Usher, now a music sensation. They both have huge fan bases with their many albums, tours, and both even have best selling books. Now, if you asked the Beliebers which one of them is the better musician, they’d say Justin. And if you asked the Arch Angels, they’d without a doubt say David. Though they both really can’t be compared with their music, they can with their heroism.

Not too long ago, Justin Bieber was just an ordinary guy, making youtube videos of him singing and playing the guitar. Never did he think he’d end up where he is today, with such a strong following from his fans. But does their following go anywhere past his music? Though Justin worked hard to get where he is, and he donates to charities and has his new inspirational song “Pray”, has he ever done anything that really hit people hard and made them admire him? Though he’s done all of valuable things, it’s been known that he also acts out, swears, and possibly even punched a boy in the face. Do his good qualities even out with his faults?

David Archuleta was too just an ordinary guy with little confidence and no self-esteem, but a love for singing. When he finally did have enough self-assurance to actually try and work on music, he was diagnosed with vocal paralysis. He had felt like music was just a thing of the past, it was that one piece missing from him, until one day, he felt a strong, “unexplainable” feeling to audition for American Idol, and that’s how he got where he is today. David worked hard all throughout his life to get where he is, doing numerous singing competitions while battling his strong hatred for his voice. But that didn’t stop him. David is the perfect example of working hard and achieving your dreams. Not to mention the numerous charities he’s involved with, plus his unshakable faith and strong positivity, which he tries to share with people so that they too can achieve their goals in life and be happy. David’s influential music and motivational quotes make him an inspiration to many people, which is why David has such a devoted fan base.

So to answer the question “Who is a better role model?”, I think it’s pretty obvious that the answer is David. David has done a lot more for people than just flipping his hair. He’s truly inspired people to do what’s right with the strong impact he’s had. Though you can admire some of Justin’s qualities, there’s a lot more about David that makes him a true role model, and even a hero in his fans’ eyes.

Katie C said...
While it is a matter of opinion and I do not favour Justin Bieber, I think it is a little unfair to call him out on some of the behaviour you mentioned. You do, to a certain degree, give up your claim to childhood when you hit it big. But he is still a teenager, something we all know what it's like to be. If I had that many girls screaming and banging on the windows of my car, I would swear too. The other thing is : How do we know David hasn't done all of those things, and maybe even worse, when... (more »)

ilovewriting95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 14, 2011 at 8:16 pm :
I also agree with AALetta. No offense to Justin Beiber but I think David Archuleta is a way better role model too.

luv2bLDSThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm :
David is also a Mormon, which explains why he has higher standards than justin. just thought I would point that out. :)

Jun. 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm :

mem0ofdesire replied...
Nov. 24, 2012 at 5:33 pm :
hey everyone...sorry i'm coming a lil bit late...well it was David....He is Handsome,Gorgeus,n Amazing....the business had put him away from people...just think it if people all around the world are open up 'bout his latest stuff~everyday!..i'm sure everyone would gone bluff..he's amazing..just not notice as much..i just don't get it why people so scared to approve that  he had such GOOD LOOKING,,infectious smile n blablabla just because of he was gazillion miles away fr... (more »)

justin said...
though i and justin had the same name, its pretty obvious that david is the better role model. no offense to bieber fans but david has proven himself a lot of times already. he'd inspired people like me to pursue their dreams even if it seems like its too impossible to happen . .  he doesnt let fame get into his head and he;s still the same david that i'd seen on the american idol auditions :))

chabz said...
That is so true...that David Archuleta is the a real good role model, not just because his good looking but it is because of his hard work !!! good job !!!

archienoy29 said...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 4:20 am:
yup...David A is the better role model...think of what he has overcomed to achieve his status today...

yssalovearchie28 replied...
Jan. 4, 2011 at 4:56 am :
yes.. thats true.. Archie is a real role model.. :)) That's why Archie is an Angel.. GO ARCH ANGELS

Kwcheerios said...
What a great article! I love it when people see what a great individual David Archuleta is. I believe his humbleness is one of his best qualities, as proven by his twitter bio: "I'm David. I like music." How many other famous people would write something like that? He is amazing.

AALetta This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm :
That's true, I never realized that lol.

becca said...

Moms, who would you rather your teen daughters be in love with? Exactly. Simple as that. (Although he is muchmuchmuch more than a teen fling!)

Thank you for really getting David :)

gracie said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 10:00 am:
I really can't say about Beaver since I'm not following him. But once I watched an interview that he said he would be a son to his mom always even if he is the world SUPERSTAR. He called himself like that completely turned me off.  Yes, any 16 year old can have limited language skills, but I've never seen David putting himself up so high even in jokes. Whatever he says and does, it's always down to earth and so true.  That's why I admire him.

Gwen said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 9:50 am:
Fantastic article. So glad that more people are getting David. So true to himself and so very giving to all of his charities and to his fans. It is so much fun being an Archie  and meeting everyone at the concerts. Like one big happy family. A TRUE role who continues to help so very many people. Thanks for your article. Hope to see you on tour this year.

Jan. 3, 2011 at 4:04 pm :
I'll definitely be going to one of his shows on the next tour! And maybe even review it :)

Mona said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:49 am:
I totally agree with this article. I think David's a better role model. His fame wasn't just handed to him. He worked hard for it. He deserves everything he's got. 

Mrgee said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:41 am:
  If I chose who I'd like my son or daughter to emulate, it certainly would be David Archuleta.  There really is no comparison when it comes to each of these two artists with regard to the way they use their fame and celebrity.  David clearly comes out on top.

Jeremiah said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:35 am:
two thumbs up for you! guys! keep fighting for david!!!

JenAngel said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:35 am:
David is pretty much winning on this one here! :) i do like Beiber too, and yes it's true he cares about his fans a lot and does charaities...but he doesnt act that much mature...David on the other hand when he was 17 on Idol you can see the difference there. David is setting a better example. It's clear both of them are making music that people will like but David speaks more about whats meaningful. I wish people would see that already and it's frustrating!!!!

Jeremiah said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:29 am:
I realy agree with you ,two, and to all the comments for David.David's really a role model.he inspires his people through his melody,his compassion to people around and his love of God.Let's go for david!

eLvhinLovesDavid said...
Jan. 3, 2011 at 7:08 am:
 NO DOUBT i AGREE... BECAUSE HOW CAN JUSTiN BiEBER BE A ROLE MODEL WHEN HE WAS SO LiBERATED LiKE KISSiNG ON PUBLiC WiTH HiS GiRLFRiEND.DUH ... LOOK DAViD.. HE DOESNT DO WHAT JUSTiN DiD .. DAViD KNOWS THE RiGHT PLACE AND TiME FOR THAT ... AND DAViD HAS SO MANY CHARiTiES HELPiNG .. THATS WHY i REALL LOVE HiM SO MUCH . :)♥