Problems | Teen Ink

Problems

The first thing that comes to mind for many people when they are asked what matters in life is something that makes them happy or something they love. When I think of what matters I think of things that people couldn’t live without; the things that people need to keep going. After making a long list of needs it came down to one, problems.

If you think about it, it becomes clear why we need problems. Without any problems there would be no solutions. Without anything to cause unhappiness, there would be no happiness. Knowing happiness is a need is self explanatory. Problems are what keep the world moving. Without problems people would never be sad, right? If there are no problems to make us sad, then we will never be happy when we overcome them. Also, if there were no problems in the world, all the people would be very unintelligent as nobody would ever have to fix anything. Some people think a world without problems, a utopia, is a good thing. I believe that not only would people never be happy in a utopia, they would also be extremely daft.

No matter how much you may hate it when something ruins your day; you must accept that if this hadn’t happened you wouldn’t be happy the next day. When something good happens you feel happiness because it doesn’t usually happen. If good things always happened, they would never make you happy because you are so used to them. In the end, people will just have to deal with everything that’s wrong so they can rejoice when everything is right. That is why problems matter.

on Mar. 22 2010 at 11:22 am
Calamity! The article was awesome

Mike123 said...
on Mar. 22 2010 at 11:21 am
Great read. I love the ideas

Alamaru BRONZE said...
on Mar. 22 2010 at 11:20 am
Alamaru BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Great article kid. i never thought of it like that

on Mar. 22 2010 at 11:10 am
I love your point. Problems are very important. I find your topic very unique and thoughtful. Good job!