can you help? | Teen Ink

can you help?

By truekershenbaum BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri
truekershenbaum BRONZE, Kansas City, Missouri

Major hunger problems have occurred throughout history, leaving millions of people dead or suffering from the effects of hunger. 1.02 billion People are starving in different countries around the world every day. Around 16,000 children die from different causes, one child every five seconds. For example every year 15 million people die of hunger issues. World hunger is the most extreme form of poverty. India has nearly half the world’s hungry people. Africa and Asia have about 40 percent, and the remaining hungry people are found in Latin America and in other parts of the world.
3 billion people have to struggle with only two dollars a day to survive. In 1991, 46 percent of African Americans were continually hungry and 40 percent of Latino children were also continually hungry compared to the 16 percent of white children and adults. African-American children die at nearly twice the rate of white children.
World hunger is caused by many things. One of them is Political Conditions. War is a political cause of world hunger and poverty. War can stop food production and marketing. Food supply was often taken and used for soldiers. Even if fighting never occurs, heavy military spending takes away from food production, education, and health. Another cause of world hunger is economic conditions. People, who live in Africa, live in poverty. Therefore they don’t have the money or conditions to get the things they need to survive. In the United States, the share of population facing hunger has risen because of poor economic conditions.
However environmental conditions cause world hunger. Fresh water, land, and forests are being used way too much and they are using up all the resources. Also, natural disasters can cause horrible damage to the country and world hunger. If total world food supplies were divided equally there would be plenty for everyone, with some to spare. Today the world produces 10 percent more food than is needed to feed everyone
Poverty is caused by world hunger, which can lead to sickness and disease. AIDS is now second only to the Black Death as the largest epidemic in the world. The toll is worse in Africa. Millions of parents have died, leaving their children behind as orphans. Teachers, doctors, nurses, and farmers have died leaving people without education, hospitals/health, and crops.
Poverty crosses every barrier, including age, race, gender, and family situation. For example most Americans that live in poverty are the children, elderly, and people who cannot work due to illness or disability. The poverty rate for children is higher than any other age group. In 2008, over 14 million children were living under the poverty line. In 2007, 3.6 million seniors 65 years and older were living in poverty. Also in 2007, the rate was 24.5 for African Americans, 21.5 for Hispanics, 10.2 for Asians, and 8.2 for whites living in poverty.

Poverty and world hunger gets worse every day. There are a lot of organizations that help people in need in different countries. Can you help?

Works cited

http://www.poverty.com/>

http://jerz.setonhill.edu/writing/grammar/act-pass.htm#Recognize

“This will certify that the above work is completely original.”
True Kershenbaum