"Us Girls"

Why do we really think nice thoughts deep down inside, but only expel those cruel, judgmental words that we let others manipulate us into saying?

Why do we constantly want and want and want and want, when we should appreciate where our abilitiy to desire comes from: our ability to live.

Why do we dress the way we dress, revealing what we reveal, and then act defensively towards guys when they act intrusively towards us?

Why must we fix our appearances in the mornings, instead of going to school beautiful as we were born, not ugly as we awoke...

Why do we attach ourselves to guys and the idea of relationships, and then introduce ourselves as independent women?

How come we take the completely wrong route into getting people's attentions by acting out? Why don't we work towards achievement, and gain the attention we deserve?

And lastly, why do we all find ourselves guilty, but push the remorse aside and fail to mold ourselves into the women we were meant to be?

Ale_18 said...
May 7, 2010 at 2:18 pm:
i like this alot. and thinking about all the questions i see that thers better things than just trying 2 impress lol u should read my work :) good work keep writing

GangsterliciousThug... said...
Mar. 29, 2010 at 12:48 pm:
lovinn this....alot...!

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
hey, this is really good. i find myself able to relate and i can ask myself these questions and feel like i fail. just as a person i fail because my answers are so terrible. i wonder wny i do them.
good work :)

jah94 replied...
Oct. 8, 2009 at 2:59 pm :
thank you, both! Yes, I ask myself my own questions haha and I feel like I fail too... which is what provoked this piece. I'll only write such critical pieces if they relate to me; I couldn't point out OTHER'S problems and get on my high horse. anyway, thanks again :)

Quiera_ser_adorado<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 4:59 pm :
haha yeah. well it was great! i do the same. all my pieces are true stories. except for one. parts of it are true, but then i made up more interesting things to make it a great story.

Hope_PrincessThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. Very good questions, you sure are a deep thinker!
Great job!!

jessie-w said...
Very true most girls will do anything to get ahead, no matter what it is. But not eveyone is like that and its not just girls. You need to remember that guys do little extra things that they try to inpress us with also you can't just say the girls theres the guys too. But it was well thought out and yoiu did a great job with it

jah94 replied...
Sept. 23, 2009 at 8:56 pm :
Thank you :) Oh, I'm aware. I just wanted to have my piece pertain to all girls, because I relate 100% seeing as I am one, ha. But I appreciate your input! Good observations...