Rights To All | Teen Ink

Rights To All

July 29, 2010
By Anonymous

Why must I suffer? I am a bisexual, whether you like it or not I am a bisexual. I have friends who are straight, I have friends who are gay and lesbian. What gives people who are straight the right to more? Under the 14th amendment it states, "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." Then why do me and my friends get to be attacked for our sexuality? Why in Wisconsin do I not have the right to marry the Man I want?

Many people use the bible as their reasoning, I have two reason this shouldn't be a reason:
1. I thought we were suppose to have the separation of church and state. If we follow what our forefathers wanted, this issue wouldn't even be a factor.
2. If we were to take the bible's action towards homosexuality, then i believe we should do the same with football, wrestling, boxing, MMA, and basically all other contact sports, we should end all wars, no one should work on sundays, and there should be no divorce.

Without the bible, there is really no reason a man cannot marry another man and a woman not able to marry another woman. We has human being deserve the rights to Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness, as of now, being an type of homosexual, you are not given those rights. It is time to take a stand against these injustices. If you do agree with this, please start or join a GSA (Gay/Straight Alliance), help support a LGBT group, and if you want, help out and support marches and rallies in local communities, including peace marches, gay parades, gay rallies, and other such events. Thank you to everyone who supports people's decision, and just because you are not a homosexual, please do not hate us for what we are.


The author's comments:
Homosexuals deserve a voice, i know i'm not the only one speaking out about this, but i feel everyones voice should be heard. I hope I help and show people that this is how we take our stand, we need to start today to help tomorrow!