Waste of Time

So I pace the house once more; down the stairs through the living room into the kitchen and then the bathroom only to turn around and head back upstairs to my room and look back out my window. I’ve been doing this for hours with intermissions of food and using the computer. With each new round I grow more and more troubled. Troubled doesn’t even cut if-maybe angry, upset, sad. alone. bored.
When asked what did you do today I am at a loss for words for I did nothing. It depresses me. I stayed inside all alone on the computer wishing people would like me and then I would have somebody to talk to. Wishing there was something to do, somewhere to go. Instead I am wasting my life away my time away doing nothing and it kills me. We only live so long and most my life I am on a damned computer doing nothing or sitting alone in the middle of nowhere. Small ass town swallows you up and keeps you from blossoming or doing anything extraordinary.
I’m a goldfish limited in growth by my small fish bowl where no other goldfish live, not even a small castle or a reef. My only friends are rocks. Stupid rocks.

mudpuppy said...
This piece describes my life so perfectly.

The_Blackest_RoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amazing. I know what that feels like too.......:']

cameronjay said...
Jul. 20, 2010 at 12:39 am
i feel you<3 completely.