Top Voted Letters to the Editor

Here is the top voted letters to the editor:

voted
#1
Gay Marriage in the US This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     As you may know, gay marriage is one of the most controversial subjects today. I happen to disagree with gay marriage and here's why. I've seen gay people, on TV and in real life, and I have no problem with them but I... (more »)
77 comments
voted
#2
TeeInk.com This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Your website is inspiring teenagers everywhere to open up and share what they enjoy most. In the review sections, teenagers all over the world are able to find good movies, books, music, and even colleges to look... (more »)
4 comments
voted
#3
Uniforms Understood This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     When I read “Uniforms Understood” by Katie L., it made me realize how lucky I am to go to a school without uniforms. I would hate to have to look the same as all the kids in my school. I think that my... (more »)
10 comments
voted
#4
Catholic School Girls This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I would like to congratulate Brittany B. on a very well-written parody of the stereotypical Catholic school girl. Being a Catholic school girl, though, I disagree with and am appalled by the reputation given to my... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#5
Teen Magazines Lack Substance This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I agree with Natascia L. I sometimes wish I could read about topics other than Paris Hilton or how to apply eyeliner correctly. I think that if we had a magazine that talked about actual news, it would sell. Most... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#6
Editorial Procedures This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Let me start off by saying I love your magazine. Itgives many kids in my advanced language arts class a place to send theirwork.I have a few concerns about the note you send to submitting writers.The letter your... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#7
Teen Expression This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I think it is a wonderful idea that Teen Ink allows teens to express themselves in a teen magazine. I just recently found out about it from a girl in my honors English class who submitted an article. Now I can read... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#8
Apathy: the Opiate of the Masses This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I found this article quite informative and could relate to it. Although I have not visited a concentration camp, I have visited other historical places, and it is very different actually to see a place rather than... (more »)
voted
#9
Silent Waltz This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     In the December issue I thought “Silent Waltz” by Taylor D. was a pretty good piece. I liked it because Taylor described how they all sat in silence as they unpacked in their new house. My family did the... (more »)
voted
#10
Like at First Sight This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Thank you, Melissa, for writing “Like At First Sight.” I completely agree that too often, teenagers believe they will fall in love at first sight and live happily ever after. This is rarely the... (more »)
voted
#11
Acts of (Selfish) Kindness This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I wholeheartedly agree with Daniel R.’s article, “Acts of (Selfish) Kindness.” I, too, have noticed the dissolute road that “volunteering” is now traveling. According to the dictionary,... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#12
Being Different This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     The story “Being Different” is a good article and it has a very important message. Being with the “in” crowd can be inconvenient and even unsafe at times. Jason G. made an excellent point,... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#13
Chat Room Dangers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Thank you, Heather, for writing “Chat Room Dangers.” Chat rooms are dangerous because you never know to whom you are really talking. I don’t think you should ever meet anyone from a chat room - they... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#14
Holocaust Survivor Helen Handler This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     To have an interview with a Holocaust survivor is amazing. So many died during the Holocaust, and actually to talk to someone who was in a concentration camp is very rare. This interview really shows the emotional... (more »)
voted
#15
Winning Is Everything This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     I read this poem in Teen Ink that discouraged me beyond belief. It affirmed that winning is everything to an athlete. As an athlete myself, I will admit that winning is wonderful, but it is by far not everything. A... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#16
Dress Code This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Though I respect Bradley Belasco’s opinion in the article “Dress Code,” I disagree. The NBA dress code is not a matter of limiting players’ freedom, it is a matter of looking professional at... (more »)
1 comment