Top Voted Letters to the Editor

Here is the top voted letters to the editor:

voted
#1
The Skirt This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Emily R.’s article “The Skirt” spoke to me because it talked about feeling out of place. I have been in that position, standing in a dressing room wondering why I’m trying to change myself. We need to stay true to ourselves whether we wear... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#2
Life as a Game This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I’m a chess lover. Though I have no doubt the newest beginner could beat me, it’s not how often I win, it’s the principle of the game that I love. I had never really thought about it before until I read “Life as a Game” by Drew M., but... (more »)
voted
#3
The Notebook This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I found “The Notebook” by Michael J. to have many qualities. Hilarity, for one – it offered a much-needed laugh on a day I wasn’t feeling well – and it was well written. Most of all, I found it ironic; men aren’t as tough or unfeeling... (more »)
voted
#4
A Hair's Strength This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I was deeply touched by Stephanie S.’s article, “A Hair’s Strength.” I admire her commitment to her best friend. I understand how hard it is to watch someone you care about doing something self-destructive, and she really showed how much... (more »)
voted
#5
My Fear of S This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I can relate to Alexandria F.’s article, “My Fear of S,” in which she tells the story of overcoming her lisp. I have a speech problem too that was terrible when I was younger, so I understand her pain. I would never talk in class, just like... (more »)
voted
#6
A Story of Procrastination This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Everyone longs to come across an article that speaks to them and tells their story. During my monthly reading of Teen Ink, I discovered “A Story of Procrastination.” The author may be unknown, but his/her idea is a shared feeling of all... (more »)
voted
#7
Niñitas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I enjoyed reading “Niñitas” by Melissa L. Nowadays, parties seem like over-the-top, superficial public declarations of who has more money. Just look at MTV’s “My Super Sweet Sixteen.” It was refreshing to see that Melissa felt like she... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#8
Where Do I Belong? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I really enjoyed reading Anastasia Q.’s college essay, “Where do I Belong?” I felt that she didn’t just tell us she felt out of place, she showed us why, and it really touched my heart. Not only did it make me feel sad, but the opening... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#9
Feedback for This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Priorities” by Katie S. is completely, ­entirely wow! There is no other way to describe it. I could totally relate. Katie wrote, “Between friendships and relationships, you may be devoting your time and effort to other people when you... (more »)
voted
#10
Feedback for "Christmas in India" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Celebrating Christmas in India sounds like so much fun. When I read Kavya M.’s article I thought it was very cool that she lived in India. When I think of India I picture the Hindu majority, but after I read this I was stunned to learn about the... (more »)
voted
#11
Feedback for "November" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Teen Ink is an incredible and beautiful work of art. So many thoughts and experiences are recorded and shared here. Reading the contents of this magazine has changed the way I understand people my age. “November,” by an anonymous author,... (more »)
voted
#12
Feedback for "A Story of Procrastination” This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“A Story of Procrastination” reminds me of myself. I often leave huge assignments until the last minute. I always regret that I put them off, but that never seems to stop me the next time. Procrastination is a really bad habit. I think... (more »)
1 comment
voted
#13
Feedback for "Winter" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Winter” by Kaily D. is a very detailed poem about someone walking home after school in the snow. The author is happy while watching the grayness of the sky finally “raining feathers down like a cloud.” This poet found an incredibly... (more »)
voted
#14
World War II Survivor This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
When most people think of World War II they remember a great allied victory over Germany and Japan. Yet most don’t consider the citizens of these countries who lost their homes and often their whole families. Shizue Kobayashi was one of... (more »)
voted
#15
Rejection This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Everyone knows what it’s like to be rejected. It starts on the playground and follows you through life. It’s the feeling you get being picked last in gym class, not getting called back for that dream job, or being scoffed at by the object of... (more »)
8 comments
voted
#16
Teens in the NBA This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I agree with Nathan. Students at that age still don’t have enough maturity to go straight from high school to the NBA. They have little experience in the real world. What teens should be doing is studying and creating a backup plan. There is... (more »)