Good-bye Teen Ink | Teen Ink

Good-bye Teen Ink MAG

By leeatschool GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
leeatschool GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

"Its time to forget all of our differences, all of our arguments, all of our disagreements, to work towards a common goal to protect our future."

Dear Editor,

I have been meaning to write this letter for a while now. But somehow, I find myself writing it today, an hour and 17 minutes away from my 20th birthday. That will be the moment I cannot submit any further work to Teen Ink, and I wanted to say thank you.

Years ago I was looking for an outlet, a place to store and share my writing, and I came across Teen Ink. At the time I was a freshman in love, and Teen Ink was just what I needed. Shortly after registering, I shared my first piece titled “Winter Lovers.” I have grown so much since then.

Teen Ink knew things about me before anyone else did. I came out here first. I wrote of loves lost that no one knew started. I suffered. I cried. I laughed. I loved. Teen Ink was always here, a place to scream into the Internet about anything and nothing. In total, this will be my 24th post; they are truly a time line of me.

I am going to miss this place so much. It feels as if I am letting go of my last piece of childhood, and man, growing up is hard. In the past few days, I have been thinking about the fact that I will stop being a teenager. I will soon fully be an adult, and it’s a hard feeling. It’s many friends gone. It’s family aging. It’s cousins getting married. It’s people INTENTIONALLY getting pregnant. Adulthood is freaking weird.

All of you – the staff, the writers, the readers, the sponsors – you were with me as I grew up. You got to see it in all of its ugly glory. Without you, Lord only knows if I would have made it. Like all good things, this must unfortunately, come to an end. Good-bye Teen Ink. I will miss you.

on Nov. 28 2019 at 8:32 am
Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

This is relatable (coming from a 22 yr old TI alum who had written something Very similar :) , all the best with life!)

on Nov. 13 2019 at 11:24 am
Justin_Hall BRONZE, Idaho Falls, Idaho

As rivers carve beautiful canyons, tears are what make the brightest of smiles.

I dont turn 20 for a while but i can't imagine life with out these guys 😣

on Oct. 15 2019 at 1:02 pm
Ash_Hope BRONZE, Stockton, California

"Our greatest fear isn't that we are inadequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

@leeatschool I literally just read this, and it was beautiful Congrats on turning 20. But I know from your writing that you will do great things!!

on Aug. 13 2019 at 9:29 pm
StarNightGirl GOLD, Boyds, Maryland

"Life's under no obligation to give us what we want."

Good luck <3

caiagab SILVER said...
on Mar. 14 2019 at 12:33 am
caiagab SILVER, Bayport, New York

"it seems that if you're passionate about something, it freaks people out. you're considered bizarre or eccentric. to me, it just means you know who you are." -tim burton

im turning 20 in august and this brought tears to my eyes. teenink forever and ever

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare