Review of "Our Place in the Sun" | Teen Ink

Review of "Our Place in the Sun"

By garrettaden BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
garrettaden BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “Our Place in the Sun,” written by Nina Curran, talks about reminiscing.  Her writing left me feeling content.  This selection is easy to relate to for almost everyone.  The path outlines from their wildest dreams, ideas fueled by the childhood imagination seemed so close and were all that they wanted to have, to the reality of growing up, seeing the real world and realizing that what you have is enough and being content with it.  The author appeals to the sense of smell when she writes, “…as we filled our lungs with the smell of freshly mowed grass and non-toxic markers.”  This is effective in helping the reader put himself in the story.  Another aspect utilized by the author that does a good job in helping with immersion is the imagery used when the author pens, “…we watched the sun rise from a silent slumber, peak in sweltering midday, and set to a starry goodnight.”  This selection overall had a positive atmosphere and was written well.  As previously stated, it is very easy to relate to as well as easy to follow.  The author does a great job elaborating and didn’t leave much to be confused about.  This is a very good selection, and it is very well structured and flows well.

We had to do this for an assignment in english class.