IMMIGRATION | Teen Ink

IMMIGRATION

By max moreis, Vineyard Haven, MA

I am appalled that Nester from Phoenix, AZ thinks we, the citizens of the United States of America, “ rely on illegal immigrants to do the jobs Americans won’t do.” THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, THE STRONGEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, DOES NOT NEED ILLEGALS TO DO OUR DIRTY WORK.

I am not saying that there should not be any immigration at all, because my mom’s grandparents immigrated form Europe in the 1900’s, but they did it legally and by the books. This is the way it should be done. It is not fair to all of the people from all over the world that are trying to come to this country in search of a better life. They are waiting years to be welcomed into this country, never mind becoming citizens.

The aliens also abuse our system. Like Jessica, from Colleyville, TX, I agree “ They take our benefits and they don't pay taxes. ” They also break a ton of our laws. I don't know about the rest of the country, but illegals where I live drive without licenses. They don't have licenses because they are here illegally, and if they tried to get one, they would get caught and be sent back to wherever they came from. I had an experience where an illegal who didn’t have a license was running from the cops in a unregistered car he came on to my property in an attempt to get away.

In my opinion, the illegals should all be sent back to wherever they came from. I don't care if they have jobs, I don't care if they have have U.S. born kids. They don't deserve to be here if they did not do it legally. They don't deserve to be here if they break our laws in the first ten seconds that they come here. It just isn’t right.

on Oct. 1 2018 at 9:48 pm
Dani_Higareda PLATINUM, Hanahan, South Carolina

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
- Winnie the Pooh

You should really research the topics you write about before writing about them because you are writing solely based on speculations. If you do the research, you'll find out that immigrants pay taxes, just like any other U.S citizen. In fact, in 2013, illegal immigrants paid $11.64 million of taxes to both state and local governments. As to immigrants taking the benefits of U.S citizens, well, that's a very absurd thing to say. U.S citizens that belong to the upper class of society don't have to worry about immigrants taking their benefits, because the immigrants only use the benefits of the wealthy people who don't need the benefits. I highly disagree with you on your opinions because immigrants are not what people like Trump depict them as. Immigrants are hard-working people who only do the jobs that Americans don't like to do. And if this is not true, then answer this question: Will you ever see an American working in the fields sacrificing themselves in the excruciating heat of the day order to support their families? Need I continue, or have you heard enough? Immigrants are people willing to risk it all just so that they can create a better future for themselves and their families. How many homeless immigrants do you see on the streets, and how many homeless Americans do you see on the streets? Reconsider your opinions carefully, because immigrants deserve the same opportunities that an American deserves!

Shorty said...
on Sep. 25 2008 at 3:27 pm
I truely disagree with Max M. Although everyone is intittle to there own opinion i think he is being hard on immigrants.I know that there are a couple of immigrants that dont fallow the law and that makes everyone else look bad, but there are others that come to the U.S to make a decent living. Most of the immigrants that come to live here in the U.S do it to give there families a better life and a better future.In my opinion i think that they should be allowed here in the U.S like everyone else.

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare